WWF 94

The Red Reuben

Great job thus far, loving the work.

Mr. Backlund VS ???

Reason: Why hype a mystery guy if he's going to lose?

Doink the Clown VS Tatanka

Reason: Simply because about twelve years from now, he needs to be competing on Smackdown!.

The Headshrinkers VS Bam Bam Bigelow/IRS

Reason: No real reason other then wanting Bam Bam/IRS to win.

British Bulldog VS Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart

Reason: Same as above.

Diesel/??? VS The Steiner Brothers (For the WWF Tag Team Titles)

Reason: Again with the mystery partners... THEY SHOULD NEVER LOSE!

Lex Luger VS Crush

Reason: Lex is one of your biggest draws. Jobbing him to Crush would seem like a waste to me. Hopefully you give Luger the right push.

Razor Ramon © VS "Double J" Jeff Jarrett (For the WWF Intercontinental Title)

Reason: Too early to put the belt on Jarrett, I think. Razor's doing just find.

"Macho Man" Randy Savage VS Yokozuna

Reason: Yokozuna would make a strong heel challenger if you decide to give the belt back to Bret later down the line.

"The King of Harts" Owen Hart © VS Bret "The Hitman" Hart (For the WWF Heavyweight Title)

Reason: Because if you job him now, it ruins the whole concept of the diary.

Guest CKTaker18

Mr. Backlund VS ???

Prediction: Mr.Backlund - mystery opponents always lose and will be the same here

Prediction: Doink the Clown - Doink is on a push at the moment so keep it rolling

Prediction: Bam Bam/IRS - I like Bam Bam/IRS more than Headshrinkers lol

Prediction: British Bulldog - British people rule obviously lol

Prediction: Diesel/??? - again mystery partners have a tendancy to win these matches

Lex Luger VS Crush

Prediction: Lex Luger - start of a big push for Luger I'm guessing

Prediction: Double J - I feel a title change coming

Prediction: Yokozuna - Yoko needs win to push back into the main event scene

"The King of Harts" Owen Hart © VS Bret "The Hitman" Hart (For the WWF Heavyweight Title)

Prediction: Owen Hart - No point in Owen dropping the belt so soon into the diary

Edited by CKTaker18

Just so you know Chris, whenever you post predicitions, you are supposed to give a reason to go along with it. It's actually a rule on the boards. When you read this buddy, just edit your post with the reasoning.

News from wwf.png.com

New PPV Name for October to be released during In Your House!

It was earlier believed "In Your House!" would be the title given to all PPVs not Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, King of the Ring, Summerslam and Survivor Series. Instead, the idea has been dropped, and "In Your House!" will be used only during September.

Bushwhackers to be repackaged

Luke and Butch were said not to re-appear on WWF Television, however, their attitude has improved backstage. Luke in particular has been helping some of the newer wrestlers. Management has decided to not to let past experiences affect the careers of the two veterans. It is unknown at this time how they will be repackaged.

WWF Sends Out Promo Tapes to USA Network

WWF Management has announced they are looking into getting a third show in which to help get over some of the newer, younger talent. Odds are it will not be in prime time, as USA is very pleased with the ratings with Raw/Superstars (both getting well over 5.50 every week) and thinks a third show may be overkill. It has also been rumoured, a new title belt may be created for the sole purpose of helping this show. Not much else is known at this time, and nothing will probably occur until October.

Edited by Carparama

Very good start to this diary. I love the idea of what if Owen Hart would have won. Its something that caught my attention, and interests me as to where you'll go with it.

THE PREDICTIONS:

Mr. Backlund VS ???

-Though I never cared much for the idiot, Mr. Backlund was a semi big name during this time, if I remember correctly. Unless the name you have signed is huge, I don't think he should drop this one.

-Doink is one of the best pre-attitude characters the WWF ever did, in my opinion. You are handling him well, and I hope keep pushing him.

- BAM! BAM! BAM!... actually I can't remember much about the Headshrinkers, so I'm gonna go with BBB and IRS.

I think the Bulldog is on the verge of pulling the bullgod... and no that's not a typo. A loss here would hurt him, more then it would help the 'Anvil', who is a life long mid carder. I hope Bulldog wins .

-Diesel really needs to drop this match, so that you can start pushing him towards a single's career, but I have a feeling you may have something up your sleeve in the form of a former 'Kliq' member, so I went with Nash.

Lex Luger VS Crush

-I would laugh if Luger lost... but thats just because I despise the character so much.

- I always like to go with the champ, unless theres a reason to put the title on someone else. Razor needs a bit more time, IMO, with the belt.

- Coin Flip match. I went with Savage, because I'd like for him to continue wrestling, if for no other reason, then it pro-longs the releasing of his rap album. :crying:

- I think Owen could easily lose this, but I'd like for him to keep the belt a little bit longer to help establish him as a legit main eventer.

Guest doinktheclown

Mr. Backlund VS ???

+???: I dunno, I have a feeling that it'll be someone big to face Backlund.

+Tatanka: Despite my being a Doink fan, I think Tatanka will get the win with Ted Dibiase's aid

+The Headshrinkers: They seem to be really clicking as a team lately

+Bulldog: I think he's ready to exact revenge for Neidhart's beatdown earlier.

+The Steiner Brothers: HBK is not on the card, and I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up to assist the Steiners in this one.

Lex Luger VS Crush

+Crush: Um... gut feeling?

+Jeff Jarrett: Jarrett has the Roadie in his corner, plus some momentum from RAW

+Yokozuna: I'm not arguing with the 500 pounder.

+Owen Hart: I think Owen will win solely because he hasn't been champ all that long.

inyourhouse.png

Saturday, September 18, 1994

LIVE! on Pay Per View!

From the Pengrowth Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta, Canada ...

IT'S "IN YOUR HOUSE!"

The announce team for this evening ... Vince McMahon and Mr. Perfect!

The show began with a huge eruption from the 20,000+ fans in Calgary, Alberta. The camera pans through them all, and ends up on Vince and Mr. Perfect. Vince welcomes everyone to the show, and introduces his "perfect" colleague for the evening, Mr. Perfect! Perfect interjects and says that it is about time he gets the respect he deserves from McMahon. They hype the main event match between Bret and Owen, as well as the other two big matches on the card. Those of course are the Intercontinental Championship with Razor Ramon defending against Jeff Jarrett, and the heavyweight match between "Macho Man" Randy Savage taking on Yokozuna. But those matches would have to wait. There were 6 other high profile matches which would come first!

Mr. Backlund VS Anyone in the WWF

Mr. Backlund walked to the ring with his usual swagger. He immediately grabbed a microphone, and began to abuse the people who came out to the show. He said he never received the respect he deserved from the WWF, and he was back for his revenge. Whoever the fool was who accepted the challenge, was about to receive the beating of a lifetime! Backlund ended his spiel with the words: "Show yourself, buffoon!" Immediately, he wished he could take this sentence back. He assumed there were no challengers left in the back, with the exception of some rookies. Apparently, Mr. Backlund forgot about The Undertaker. The lights went out, the familar music began to play, and Mr. Backlund appeared frozen in his tracks. Down the aisle, led by Paul Bearer came the Deadman himself. The crowd got an unexpected treat tonight, as Taker was not originally scheduled to be on the show. He stepped onto the apron, and Backlund took no time to go right after him. He ran at Taker, and caught him with a knee to the head. Taker was knocked off the apron, but landed on his feet. He adjusted his gloves, and stepped into the ring unphased. Backlund did not look pleased. He charged at Taker, landed a few elbows, followed by an attempt to lock Taker in an amateur-suplex/german suplex like hold. Taker did not oblige, and broke the hold. The match continued with Taker avoiding a lot of Backlund's offense, while he suffered damage at the hands of the Deadman. The end of the match featured Backlund attempting to lock in his finisher, which we now know is called "The Crossface Chickenwing". Taker fell to the ground, but did not submit. Backlund dropped the hold, and signalled to the crowd that the match was over. Taker sat up, and Backlund did not know what to do. He charged, but Taker caught him in a choke. He kicked Backlund in the stomach, and lifted him into the Tombstone Piledriver for the win!

Winner: The Undertaker

Tatanka's music hit first, and he got his usual boos and jeers from the Calgary faithful. It was obvious tonight who they were behind. However, the boos became much louder, once everybody saw Tatanka was not alone. Tonight, he was joined with Ted DiBiase and Nikolai Volkoff. The WWF had seen how involved they became in Doink's matches. Why did they allow them to be at ringside? Nevertheless, all three men were there, and all three men stood in the ring waiting for Doink to arrive. "Circus Ballad" started to play, and out came everybody's favourite clown, Doink! He walked down the aisle, and looked to be in good spirits, until he saw what was waiting for him. His smile faded, and he looked more serious. He sprinted to the ring, and rolled in. As the three Corporation members came at Doink, he was prepared. He had something in both his hands ... chalk? He slammed his hands together, and threw the dusty white substance at both Nikolai and DiBiase blinding them! This allowed Doink to have Tatanka one on one, which is what he wanted. However, as most people know, most good things will come to an end. For the first time all month, Doink did not have to worry about the others, and he capitialized. The fall of the match occured when Tatanka signalled for the Fallaway Slam, and instead of landing his finish, he was hit with a DDT! Doink went to the top rope, and landed the Whoopie Cushion! The referee counted three, and Doink had beaten Tatanka! DiBiase saw what happened, and signalled to the back. Here comes IRS and Bam Bam Bigelow! They enter the ring, and double team Doink. IRS executed his "Write-Off", and Bigelow followed up with a Flying Headbutt. Doink was hurt. Tatanka recovered and joined in on the beatdown. Tatanka pulled out the ring bell, rolled into the ring, and asked his fellow Corporation members to hold up the clown. Tatanka ran off the ropes, and absolutely hammered Doink in the forehead busting him open! The Corporation left Doink to lay there, while Doink was carried away on a stretcher. How long would the celebration last?

Winner: Doink the Clown

The Headshrinkers VS IRS/Bam Bam Bigelow

After the beatdown, Tatanka, DiBiase and Volkoff decided to leave the ring, and let IRS/Bigelow get ready for their match right away with the Headshrinkers! The music of the savages hit, and out walked the duo, with their managers Afa and Captain Lou Albano! Samu started off the match with IRS. The match was a back and forth affair, with neither team truly having a huge advantage. When Fatu was in the ring with Bam Bam, he landed a huge headbutt/big splash combination which freaked out the Corporation. Volkoff jumped onto the apron, which got the referee's attention. DiBiase grabbed Captain Lou, and locked in his "Million Dollar Dream", while Volkoff attacked Afa! Samu jumped down to try to help, but was caught with a huge clothesline from Tatanka! Fatu was in dire straits now, with his partner out of commission. IRS/Bam Bam Bigelow did as much damage as they could to Fatu, which the crowd did not appear to appreciate. IRS executed another "Write-Off" for the evening, and hooked the leg for the three. Bigelow lifted up Fatu, leaned him against the ropes, and proceeded to clothesline him over the top rope. The crowd did not appreciate how the Corporation got involved in two of the first three matches, and let DiBiase and his posse know it. The members of the most powerful group in the WWF celebrated, as one-third of the show was over and done with.

Winners: IRS/Bam Bam Bigelow

News from wwf.png.com

Prediction Contest on WWF.com!

Five lucky fans of the World Wrestling Federation received an opportunity to publicly predict who they thought would win each match. The prize fits the nature of the event, as the winner will receive a brand new house located in Beverly Hills, California! So far, the results are as follows:

DaveKOTW: x$x = 1 point

The Aztec Warrior: $$$ = 3 points

CKTaker18: x$$ = 2 points

MikelSweeten: x$$ = 2 points

doinktheclown: $$x = 2 points

It's anybody's game right now. Will "The Aztec Warrior" remain perfect throughout the event? Or, will someone else catch him and take the lead? Stay tuned to WWF.com, and the rest of "In Your House!"

Edited by Carparama

inyourhouse.png

LIVE! on Pay Per View!

IT'S "IN YOUR HOUSE!" (Part Two)

The British Bulldog VS Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart

The music of Jim Neidhart came through the arena, and he received a modest booing from the crowd. Jim did not have a smile on his face, but then again, who would? If he lost the match with Davey Boy tonight, he would no longer be Owen's lackey! He would no longer be able to ride the coattails of the champion. The Anvil entered the ring, and awaited his opponent. As soon as The Bulldog's music was heard, the crowd began a huge "Bulldog" chant. Davey Boy charged the ring, and went right after the man who had kept him off WWF television for most of the month. Bulldog pounded Neidhart with some huge right hands, followed by a huge clothesline, which put Neidhart out of the ring. Jim Neidhart had a lot of pressure on him on this night, and it didn't help that the Bulldog was dominating him. When Neidhart finally got a little bit of offense going, he risked everything on a clothesline from the top rope, which Bulldog turned into a powerslam. Bulldog signalled for the end, and lifted Neidhart onto his shoulders. He carried Neidhart to the corner, and followed up with his patented Running Powerslam! He hooked the leg, and just like that, Neidhart was out of a job!

Winner: The British Bulldog

Diesel/??? VS The Steiner Brothers for the WWF Tag Team Championship

The theme for the University of Michigan was heard, and here were the winners of the tournament to determine the #1 contenders for the tag team titles, The Steiner Brothers! Scott and Rick were slapping the hands of all the fans who had cheered them on throughout the month. It had been a long time since they had a shot at the WWF Tag Team titles, and they appeared determined to make sure they made the best of this opportunity. They stood in the ring, when the new music of Diesel could be heard. He walked out to a huge chorus of cheers, to which even he was surprised. He had a microphone in hand, and announced to everyone that he was unable to find a partner for the match. So, he will take on the brothers alone! Diesel entered the ring, and started attacking both men. After two big boots which sent Rick over the rop rope, and Scott to the canvas, Diesel celebrated to the crowd. After a few minutes, Diesel couldn't keep up with both of the Steiners, who are among the best athletes in the federation. Out of nowhere, the old music of the Rockers hit the PA System which sent the crowd into a frenzy. It was Marty Jannetty! He sprinted to the ring, leaped onto the apron, and awaited Diesel's tag! Jannetty entered the ring, and started working on Rick Steiner. The rejuveniated tag team now had the advantage and momentum, and did not let it go. Diesel had Scott Steiner down on the canvas, and signalled for the Jackknife. Rick Steiner attempted to interfere, but Jannetty flew into the ring, and knocked Rick through the ropes. Marty followed afterward. Diesel executed the Jackknife, and went for the pinfall. Shawn Michaels appeared from the back, but could not break the fall, as he was hammered by Marty! Marty rolled back into the ring, and held his new partner's hand up high. Diesel and Marty Jannetty were the new WWF Tag Team Champion! Rick came back into the ring, and shook the two men's hand. He helped his brother up, who proceeded to do the same thing. There were four winners in that ring on this night, and the biggest loser was walking back to the backstage area, seemingly pissed off. Shawn Michaels was no longer a champion, but his two lifelong enemies were.

Winners: Diesel/Marty Jannetty

Lex Luger VS Crush

Lex Luger has his problems with Crush, and they were to be resolved on this night. He came out to a huge cheer from the crowd, and with him, he had the American flag. He didn't even make it to the ring, before Crush attacked him. Crush grabbed the flag, and broke it over Luger's back. Had the match ended in DQ? It didn't appear so, as the bell had yet to sound. Crush dragged Luger to the ring, and threw him in. He went for the quick pin, but it did not give him the win. Luger kicked out, and began to "hulk-up". Crush was not afraid, and traded some hard rights with the All-American. The match was back and forth, until Luger finally got the upper hand. He bodyslammed Crush, and posed for the crowd. He lifted up Crush, and signalled for the end with his Torture Rack. Crush countered the move, and nearly locked in his Full Nelson. Luger quickly countered, and through Crush to the ropes. Luger bounced off the ropes, and hammered Crush with his Forearm Smash. Crush was completely out, but Luger fell to the mat. The referee began a count to 10, but Luger got up at nine. This match was not a wrestling clinic by any means, but both men were going all out, and the crowd appreciated it. Luger went over to Crush, and he decided to try and end this match once for all. Luger went to lift Crush into the Torture Rack, but it was quickly countered. Crush rolled up Luger, got his feet on the ropes, and somehow scored the pinfall! There was a huge upset here! Luger got up, and he was *mad*. He started to wail on Crush, and the two men started to brawl to the back. Referees came from the back, to break the two men up. Crush had been the winner tonight, but the battle was not over.

Winner: Crush

News from wwf.png.com

After the second portion of "In Your House!", one fan is leading the pack with his selections.

DaveKOTW: x$x/$$x = 3 points

The Aztec Warrior: $$$/$$x = 5 points

CKTaker18: x$$/$$x = 4 points

MikelSweeten: x$$/$$x = 4 points

doinktheclown: $$x/$x$ = 4 points

With three matches left, who will end up winning the prediction contest? Keep watching WWF.com for details!

Edited by Carparama

• 3 weeks later...

inyourhouse.png

LIVE! on Pay Per View!

IT'S "IN YOUR HOUSE!" (Part Three)

October 1994 ... Monster Smash!

monstersmash.png

October 16, 1994!

Razor Ramon © VS "Double J" Jeff Jarrett for the Intercontinental Championship

"Double J" Jeff Jarrett's music hit first, and the crowd got on their feet. The jeers soon followed, but it was obvious to everyone who was present, that it was time for a five star match. Jarrett was very confident with his chances tonight, as he had The Roadie at his side. Jarrett stepped into the ring, and awaited the arrival of the WWF Intercontinental Champion! "Bad Guy" came over the sound system, and the crowd erupted! Razor Ramon appeared in the aisle, with the title wrapped around his waist. He did his usual routine with the camera, and the crowd ate it up. Razor stepped into the ring, his fireworks went off, the match was underway. Razor started by attacking both Jarrett and The Roadie with some hard right hands, which send Jeff to the mat, and The Roadie to the outside! He was fired up for this title defense. This match featured back and forth action, with Roadie getting himself involved in a few situations, to turn the momentum in favour of Jarrett. Near the end of the match, Jarrett was working Razor over with a reverse chin lock, when Razor got back to his feet. He countered the move into a back suplex, which collided with the referee, and all three men were on the mat. Jarrett was the first to get up, and pulled Razor to his feet. The Roadie ran to the announce table, grabbed a hold of the Intercontinental Title, and rolled into the ring. Jarrett held Razor in place, and Roadie charged; only to connect with Jarrett! Roadie had a stunned look on his face, and Razor obliged him with a kick to the gut. He signalled for the Razor's Edge, and Roadie dropped to the mat hard. He rolled to the outside, and he was no longer a factor. Unfortunately for Jeff Jarrett, the damage had been done. Razor lifted Jarrett to his feet, and delivered a Razor's Edge! The referee awoke, Razor hooked the leg, and got the three count! Razor celebrated briefly, grabbed his title and left the ring. The Roadie slowly recovered, entered the ring, and checked on the "Country Music Star". Jarrett still seemed to be out of it. Mr. Perfect made a comment about how Jarrett blew his opportunity, and how he (Perfect) would have won the championship. This will be in consideration for match of the year, almost guaranteed.

Winner: Razor Ramon

Nobody thought "Macho Man" Randy Savage could hang tough with Yokozuna after their first meeting, but Savage has proved everybody wrong. After a great match between Razor and Jarrett, it would be interesting to see how two very different styles would show in the ring. Although these two did not put on a five-star match, they were damned close. Yokozuna came out first, with Mr. Fuji holding the traditional Japanese flag. Yokozuna looked to be focused, and a little angrier than usual. Perhaps Savage's comment regarding Fuji being the only reason Yoko can win matches has gotten to him. Yokozuna entered the ring, and Mr. Fuji got on a microphone. Fuji said Savage has made a huge mistake by insulting the great Yokozuna, and he will be squashed tonight as a result. "Macho Man" Randy Savage's music began to play, and out came the man himself! He sprinted into the ring, and immediately started hammering away at Yoko. Savage threw everything he could at Yoko, but Yokozuna is a hard man to keep down. Savage landed his trademark double axe handles, but Yokozuna would not leave his feet. When Yokozuna was on the offensive, he couldn't keep Savage down! One huge spot in the middle of the match occurred when Savage attempted two consecutive clothesline, and did not move the mammoth. Savage bounced off the ropes, flew through the air, and knocked Yoko out of the ring with a huge shouldertackle! The referee counted to nine before Yoko got back in the ring. Savage was clearly in control now, and had the entire crowd behind him. He did his trademark left hands, and knocked Yoko down with a huge dropkick. He leaped to the top turnbuckle, and delivered another double axe handle. He signalled for the end of the match, and climbed the top rope. He raised his arms up high, but received a strike to the back from Mr. Fuji and his flag. Savage lay in a crumpled heap on the mat. Yokozuna got up, looked over at Mr. Fuji, and did not look happy. He seemed to have shouted something in Japanese at his manager. Yokozuna pulled Savage to the corner, executed a Banzai Drop, and easily got the three count. Once again, Yokozuna needed Mr. Fuji's help to win a match against Randy Savage.

Winners: Yokozuna

"The King of Harts" Owen Hart © VS Bret "The Hitman" Hart for the WWF Championship

In the main event of the evening, "The King of Harts" was now going to have to put up, or shut up. "In Your House!" is in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and every member of the Hart Family can be seen in clear view. Stu and Helen are in the front row, waiting for the match to begin. Something the fans will not be used to, is the sound of Bret Hart's music playing first. "Sharpshooter" hit, and the crowd erupted. "The Hitman" made his way down the aisle, slapping as many hands as he could. The crowd was clearly wanting him to win his title back. The question is, would he? He circled the ring, kissed his mother's cheek, and shook his father's hand. Bret Hart took his glasses off, and placed them on the forehead of his brother Bruce Hart, who proceeded to cheer like a little kid for the camera. Self-respect, anyone? The fun and games quickly ended, as the music of the WWF Champion began to echo throughout the arena. With the easily, the most heat of anyone else on the show, "The King of Harts" Owen Hart walked down the aisle with his WWF Championship around his waist. He was wearing his crown, had the sceptre in his hand, and had the cape he earned earlier in the year at King of the Ring. He looked like true royalty. And, seemingly keeping his promise about Jim Neidhart, the Anvil was nowhere to be seen. Owen was on his own tonight. The two brothers locked up, and Bret immediately got the upper hand. He arm dragged his brother into the corner. Owen bailed to the outside, and stayed away from his family's corner. He seemed outclassed by Bret. Owen came back into the ring, and tried a lockup again. This time, Bret twisted Owen's arm, and dropped Owen to one knee. Owen used a thumb to the eye, to get back into the match up. Within a minute, Bret had countered a bodyslam from Owen into a small package, and nearly got the victory there. The match was high-speed, high-impact, with neither man being able to get the upper hand. At one point, Owen had tripped up Bret, and set up for the Sharpshooter. Owen started screaming at his family about how Bret was finished, but "The Hitman" would not give up so easily. Bret would not give up, and eventually worked his way out of the hold. Owen could not put his brother away, and it appeared to be getting to him. After back and forth action, Bret finally started to build some momentum. He took Owen down, and hit his "Hitman Elbow". He signalled for the end of the match. However, Owen reached up, grabbed Bret by the head, and locked in an airtight small package. The referee counted to three, and Owen had cleanly pinned his brother! Bret satup, looked to the sky, let loose some profanity, as Owen began to celebrate! He grabbed his title, launched himself out of the ring, with his arms held high! Owen Hart was still the WWF Champion!

Winner: "The King of Harts" Owen Hart

Show rating: 73%

News from wwf.png.com

And the winner of the WWF.com Prediction Contest:

DaveKOTW: x$x/$$x/xxx = 3 points

The Aztec Warrior: $$$/$$x/$$$ = 8 points

CKTaker18: x$$/$$x/x$$ = 6 points

MikelSweeten: x$$/$$x/$x$ = 6 points

doinktheclown: $$x/$x$/x$$ = 6 points

The Aztec Warrior! His prize will involve something "new" in the WWF. Stay tuned to find out what it is!

New Pay Per View Name

During "In Your House!", the October Pay Per View was named: "Monster Smash". It will take place on Otober 16th, most likely.

Edited by Carparama

Guest doinktheclown

Wow, I really enjoyed that show. The whole Diesil-Marty Jannetty thing was completely unexpected (well, I didn't expect it), and it should be interesting to see where that heads. Nicely done.

I liked it man, a pretty decent show. By no means the greatest, but the main events delivered. I always loved Razor, good to see him retain, and though i find the Diesel-Jannetty pairing odd, it does make sense. Owen winning was predictable, but of course a sensible, and good, move. This feud with Bret could be awesome if it continues, cant wait to see the follow-up!

• 4 weeks later...

raw.png

Monday, September 19, 1994

"Hitman Works His Way Back Up"

Vince McMahon and Mr. Perfect welcome everyone to Raw, and immediately start to discuss everything which happened last night at In Your House! Vince tells the crowd about the next WWF Pay Per View extravaganza known as "Monster Smash" which will take place on October 16th, 1994! Both men are interrupted by "The King of Harts" Owen Hart making his way to the ring. He has his WWF World Title on his shoulder. He thanks the Calgary crowd for their support last night, as he vanquished his brother Bret in a match of the year candidate. Before he can get in to too much detail, Bret Hart's music starts to play. The crowd explodes for the Hitman! He tells everyone that he will admit he lost to Owen fair and square last night. He tells everyone he may have underestimated his brother. But one thing Owen should know about him, is he never gets up. Bret says he wants one last shot at the title. Owen laughs it off, and tells Bret he has to work his way back to the top! And, his quest starts now.

The music of "The Model" Rick Martel hits, and Martel makes his way down the aisle. Owen exits the ring, as the Hitman enters it. Bret isn't one to back down from a challenge, and his match with "The Model" tonight could very well be one. The two men locked up, and the Hitman immediately got the upper hand. Owen was screaming at Martel to get some offense in, but Bret was on his A-game. Bret knocked Martel down, hit his Hitman Elbow off the second turnbuckle, and proceeded to lock Martel in the Sharpshooter! Martel tapped out, and Owen attempted to charge the ring. Bret was ready, and Owen quickly retreated. Owen says Bret has not earned a shot at him just yet. He has a lot of work to do.

In the next match, it was another rematch from In Your House!. Lex Luger had a chance to get revenge from last night. In a back and forth battle, the match finally ended when Lex caught Crush completely offguard. He executed his Forearm Smash, and lifted Crush onto his shoulder with the Torture Rack! Crush began to scream in agony, and gave up before he suffered too much damage. Luger dropped him on the mat, and told him that is what he deserves for trying to kill the dreams of all the World Wrestling Federation fans. Crush gets to his feet, and Luger starts to exit the ring. Crush attacks Luger, and the two men battle to the backstage area. This feud is far from over!

Backstage, Marty Jannetty is seen with his WWF Tag Team Championship. He is wiping it with a cloth, to make it shine even more. He is met by Diesel, who shakes his hand. Diesel thanks him for the help last night, to which Marty responds that it is no problem. Marty tells Diesel it was Shawn Michaels who nearly cost him his career last year when he was superkicked through the Barber Shop window. Diesel says that he understands. However, he tells Marty he better bring his A-Game every night. Because now that he has a partner worth fighting with, he doesn't see them losing the tag titles anytime soon! Marty agrees, and they shake hands again. The scene fades to black, with the fans loving this new team! The speed of Marty Jannetty, and the power of Diesel. Can anyone stop them?

Randy Savage is in the ring. He yells at Yokozuna to come out to the ring, and to come alone. Yokozuna obliges, and we have another potential confrontation. Savage tells Yokozuna that he was supposed to be the unstoppable monster. Savage tells Yokozuna how pathetic it is he has to rely on Mr. Fuji to win his matches. Randy Savage tells Yokozuna he wants him one on one, with no managers present. Yokozuna nods his head, and the crowd erupts! Savage tells Yokozuna he has already spoken with Vince McMahon, and Vince has stated the rematch between Savage and Yoko will be a match to see who becomes the #1 Contender for the WWF Title! Yokozuna gets a smile on his face, and the segment ends without any violence. Both men seem content to battle for the #1 Contendership at Monster Smash, and not tonight!

In a tag team match, The Steiner Brothers took on The Quebecers. The Steiner Brothers went all the way through the tag team tournament, just to lose at the hands of Diesel and Jannetty! Tonight, they started at the bottom again. The Quebecers tried to keep the Steiners on the mat, but Rick and Scott were too motivated. The end of the match occurred when Rick Steiner delivered a massive shoulder tackle to Jacques to win the match!

Doink is seen backstage talking on a ... banana phone! He is talking about how he wants to even the odds with the Corporation. He asks whoever is on the phone if they would be willing to help him! Doink turns around, and he has a wide smile on his face! I think the Corporation may be in some legitimate trouble! The question is, who was Doink talking to?

In a surprisingly entertaining Women's match up, Alundra Blayze, the WWF Women's Champion, faced Luna Vachon. In a see-saw battle, the end of the match came at a surprise, with Alundra Blayze executing a perfect bulldog on Luna! Alundra hooked the leg, and got the victory. After the match, Luna came back and tried to injure Blayze with some power moves. Luna used Blayze's own title belt, to knock Blayze out. Referees came down to the ring to split the two divas up, but the attack was already complete. Alundra was out like a light.

Backstage, Paul Bearer is in his locker room. He is holding the Undertaker's urn in his hands, while making the creepy noises he is famous for. The Deadman himself is nowhere to be seen. As Paul Bearer walks around the room, Mr. Backlund comes from behind and ambushes the manager! He starts to stomp on Backlund, and kicks the urn out of his hands! Backlund yells for The Undertaker to come out, as he is not afraid. The Undertaker ruined Backlund's return to the WWF, and he was going to pay! However, before The Undertaker could even think about appearing, Backlund was gone!

Shawn Michaels appears on the titantron, and the audience in attendances gives him a large jeer, as he begins to speak. Shawn Michaels tells the world that he is the best wrestler in the WWF, and the best looking man on God's Green Earth. For Jack Tunney to strip Shawn of his tag team title is completely out of line. And for Tunney to allow someone like Marty Jannetty to just walk into the ring and be a champion is pathetic. Well, Shawn Michaels says he has his own monster. At "Monster Smash", Michaels and his own monster are going to win back the titles which are rightfully his!

In the main event of the evening, Razor Ramon put his Intercontinental Title back on the line against "Double J" Jeff Jarrett. The crowd was really into this match, and it truly could not have been better. However, like the night before, Jarrett could not come out on top. Razor was in control for most of the match, and would walk away the champion again, after planting Jarrett with a Razor's Edge. The Roadie didn't even bother trying to get involved, almost sensing the effort was futile. Razor celebrated as Raw went off the air, and The Roadie helped Jarrett to the back.

Overall Show Rating: 79%

superstars.png

Saturday Night Superstars Preview

September 24, 1994

Shawn Michaels debuts his "monster" against the Thrillseekers!

The Undertaker gets a match against Mr. Backlund as revenge for the attack on Raw!

In the main event, Bret Hart teams up with Lex Luger to take on Owen Hart and Crush!