Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

PROPER Metal Gear Solid (not the entertaining but limited Acid series) + PSP + US Import that works on my British PSP 1/2 months before a UK release = :wub::wub::wub:

<center>MGSPSP%20MERIS3%20(5)pe.jpg</center>

The ability to train an army in the game and fight other people via net and wifi is an incredible idea. Just a shame it'll never be widespread enough in the UK to really bother. Still, this is a lush game and good to hear David Hayter's voice again even if it is just in the graphic-artist-drawn cutscenes. And the proper music is back. They've also not cut down on what you can do (crawl, back against wall, knock on wall, CQC, interrogation etc.

<center>mgsportprev1.jpg</center>

The fact it's set briefly after MGS3 and has you meeting Roy Campbell as well as fighting against a rogue FOX unit (all this mentioned in the first 5 minutes of playing) just adds to the joyousness. The PSP has found a new flagship game to put alongside the GTAs.

<center>mgspsp39iz.jpg</center>

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

:(

But I don't want to buy a PSP, dammit!

I'll keep you posted on all the cool things that happen while I play it so you know what you're missing out on. Still, you've got £180 in your pocket form not buying a PSP or MGS: PO so don't be too disheartened.

I own a PSP, and am looking for a new good game while waiting for Burnout Legends and the FFT port.

But I never played a MG game before, is Portable Ops a good place to start? Will I find it confusing?

You'll have no idea whatsoever. But meh, gotta start somewhere :P