Black Donnelly's Debuts tonight on NBC

TGC

I mean they call it boring, tripe, unwatchable, a waste of time, and silly. They say the characters are obnoxious, boorish, stupid, silly, ill concieved, and a waste. This does not bode well at all, and might explain a lot why NBC chose to hold off on this until Mid Mid Season, and why only 6 eps were made.

Edited by The Black Hart TGC

Unless they've seen more than just the pilot, they're absolutely insane.

I think by critics, he means himself. :shifty:

But yeah, don't be stupid and miss out on this show as you'll truly be missing out on one awesome pilot.

Now I'm not like Beaty, who seems to want critics to fap in his mouth, but reading a selection of the critics, most of them have been sent 5 episodes and most of them started hating it past the second episode and the claim the lead bad guy is the most cliched tool ever.

This doesn't sound well :'(

Now I'm not like Beaty, who seems to want critics to fap in his mouth, but reading a selection of the critics, most of them have been sent 5 episodes and most of them started hating it past the second episode and the claim the lead bad guy is the most cliched tool ever.

This doesn't sound well :'(

I bet you the critics hated it because it didn't have Arcade Fire in the closing parts. >_>

That last scene in general was bad ass regardless, though. They could've put the Pussycat Dolls' "Buttons" as the song and it wouldn't have fucked up all of the badassness.

There were a number of things that bothered me about the meddling they did to the original pilot, but this is still the best pilot to air this season. Among the changes:

- The Music. A lot of Irish themed stuff was removed in favour of more mainstream nonsense. I don't see why they'd sacrifice mood and theme for the 10 viewers that would actually be swayed by the use of the Pussycat Dolls and Rob Thomas.

- Dubbing Jimmy? I'll have to rewatch the pilot to know for sure, but it felt like they had redubbed Jimmy's lines in an effort to make him sound "less Irish". Ringo agreed, but who knows, it's definitely been a while since I've watched the original pilot.

- Arcade Fire for Snow Patrol. I know this technically goes under music too but I think those that have seen both versions of the episode know how big a deal this change really is. I still like the climax to the episode, but it's not nearly as spine-chilling as it was when they used Arcade Fire's "Rebellion (Lies, Lies)" as the soundtrack.

Nitpicking perhaps, and if it maintains the level of awesomeness it's currently at then it'll be among my favorite shows on television. Still, a few little bits that took it somewhat off the lofty pedestal it was originally on.

Well I was just looking around since you guys were talking about the ending with the other song and I was able to find it on Youtube, I can kinda see what you guys were talking about it built the scene up more but like I said before I liked the ending either way.

For anyone else that wants to see the ending with the Arcade Fire song you can go here

1) Can anyone comfirm that only 6 episodes were made? I only remember hearing about the 13 episode commitment. I know Raines and The Singles Table were reduced to 6, but I thought it was just those 2.

2) The show did a 5.5/9 rating. Not awful, not great. But as with any show, it'll be the second week numbers that count. A increase of any kind would be fantastic, approximate hold would be acceptable but a drop of any significance would kill it. Ratings as they are are about a 35% increase from where "Studio 60" was, but about the same down from where it started.

Just watched the second episode. Not as good as the pilot, but still awesome. Most of the show centred around Tommy and Kevin, and Tommy was in true bad ass form. Perfect introduction to what I assume will be season 1's major story arc.

I very much enjoyed the episode. As Beatnik said, not as awesome as the pilot, but still, very good. Tommy was great, and the stuff with Joey Ice Cream going "oh yeah, I was there too" was also great. Him just randomly appearing in the episodes and Tommy going "when did you get here" and even Kevin not knowing, was funny. Tommy not giving into Nicky and paying him the $1,000 was good. I liked how Joey Ice Cream built up the stuff with Tommy praying to God that he would give anything to have Jimmy walk again but the thing never happened until now with Jenny sleeping with him only to leave him afterwards. They are obviously going to get together sometime down the line, though. Hewey's brother on the look out for whoever killed his brother is another thing Tommy needs to watch out for. So he has both the Irish mob head (I assume that he takes control since his brother is dead?) and the head of the Italian mob (Nicky) both watching him. So yeah, the critics are shit for hating on this.

And I liked in the preview for the next episode they used "I'm Shipping Up To Boston" by Dropkick Murphys. They should use that for the theme and not the crap gun shot stuff they have. They don't need the lyrics, as they don't fit, obviously, but just the music part is great.

And I liked in the preview for the next episode they used "I'm Shipping Up To Boston" by Dropkick Murphys. They should use that for the theme and not the crap gun shot stuff they have. They don't need the lyrics, as they don't fit, obviously, but just the music part is great.