Black Donnelly's Debuts tonight on NBC

TGC

And I liked in the preview for the next episode they used "I'm Shipping Up To Boston" by Dropkick Murphys. They should use that for the theme and not the crap gun shot stuff they have. They don't need the lyrics, as they don't fit, obviously, but just the music part is great.

I really don't think that using "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" as the theme to a show set in Hell's Kitchen would be the smartest of choices. :P

And I liked in the preview for the next episode they used "I'm Shipping Up To Boston" by Dropkick Murphys. They should use that for the theme and not the crap gun shot stuff they have. They don't need the lyrics, as they don't fit, obviously, but just the music part is great.

I really don't think that using "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" as the theme to a show set in Hell's Kitchen would be the smartest of choices. :P

NBC's mob drama The Black Donnellys, which had a disappointing premiere a week ago, slumped even further at 10:00 p.m. this Monday night as it posted a 5.1 rating and an 8 share (versus last week's 6.0/10). The results were worse than those for the previous occupant of the Monday-night time slot -- Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, it's been awhile since it happened, but there is an explanation for the Arcade Fire/Snow Patrol switcheroo:

AVC: Is it true that you refused to license a song for NBC's The Black Donnellys even though Crash director Paul Haggis asked you personally?

WB: That was actually a tough decision, because that's a pretty good show, compared to most of the crap on TV. We watched the pilot, and for primetime TV, it's actually quite good. The whole conclusion was completely built around "Rebellion," and I was like, "Oh no, you guys are fucked! What are you gonna do now?" Every cut was lyrically tied. The whole premise of the show gets revealed in the last four minutes to "Rebellion." We all kind of liked the show, but at the same time, it's still our song, and the song doesn't have anything to do with that. It'd be kind of depressing to have one of my favorite songs of ours be associated with this thing it's completely unrelated to. It's more about the context. This show was like a really good TV version of Goodfellas. If it was actually Goodfellas and that hadn't come out yet, I might've said yes. If it was the fucking Godfather, the best film I've ever seen, of course they could use our song.

Wait, is he subtly saying that "Rebellion" is the Goodfellas or Godfather of music? Because that's what I took from it, and it's kind of funny because he went after Oasis and U2 for being too egotistical like a month ago. <_<

Wow that guy comes off like a complete fag. What a loser. Oh well.

Anyways, I watched this past Monday's show and I liked it. Kevin running off like a fag at the end leaving his brothers to face Dokey was a horrible thing to do to them, especially since he already killed a couple of people previously. If he has his two brothers with him, there was no reason to run. Tommy is clearly going to get laid by Huey's wife. :shifty:

Edited by Fatherless Fitzy McIrish

So apparently NBC refused to air an episode that was supposed to air as episode 3, but it is on NBC.com. I watched that today and it was pretty good. So far nothing seemed wrong that it couldn't have aired on TV. You got Tommy and Jimmy arguing in jail, Tommy trying to keep Sean from moving to the ward where all the interns are by briding the union guy with a working air conditioner but he won't do anything about it, Kevin and Joey Ice Cream stealing stuff from a home depot place and trying to sell carpentry stuff to a plumber, and Jimmy telling Kevin to get him out of there by getting the guy who IDed him to forget he saw Jimmy steal the truck. Sean almost dies in the ward and Tommy grabs a knife and looks pissed. Kevin goes to the truck drivers apartment and gets into a fight with him but the truck driver wins this, but he goes to tell the cops and steps out onto the street and a bus runs him over (which they did show on one of Joey Ice Creams recaps during last weeks episode and I was wondering why that happened and us never seeing it).

Tommy meets the union guy again and wants him to move Sean to ICU or he will cut off a finger. He starts to make a cut on the knuckle but the guy just cries and Tommy backs off. So with the truck driver dead, Kevin gets Jimmy out of jail but Jimmy just walks off probably to get high again, and Kevin shows up at the hospital where Sean seems to be doing better now. Kevin tells Tommy that he got Jimmy out of jail and they fight right on top of Sean but they stop and Tommy walks off where he is met by Nicky who tells Tommy that he is upping the money he wants from Tommy to $2500 but Tommy tells him no, again and that's the end of that.

So yeah, we miss stuff and they never informed us that this was on NBC (or did they?). But it was still a good episode that clearly had no reason not to air. Oh well.

And I doubt either Ringo or Beatnik will be able to catch this as I've seen nothing on the internet about it and the only place that has it is NBC.com which I believe can only be watched by the US.

This was a good episode as well. Kevin was funny in this as usual. And Jimmy and Joey trying to collect money but completely forgetting who they were supposed to be was great. I liked Tommy paying Nicky back in more ways than one. He actually paid the $2500 to Nicky but he also got back at Nicky for going to Tommy's mothers house so he did the same thing to Nicky just to piss him off and show he can do it as well. But it is pretty clear that Tommy is going to get with Huey's widow. That little kid saying he knew what Tommy did but wouldn't tell on him was a little odd.

• 2 weeks later...

And it's replacement, you ask? Why Ashton Kutcher's reality series "Wedding Crashers", of course. Why could they have aired this shit during the "Heroes" hiatus and when it came back debuted "Black Donnellys"?