MP4 Players

Okay so i've just a won a 8gb MP4 player on ebay, Without knowing too much about it i saw it one with not long left for just under £17. I bidded and won it (it comes to £25 all together with P&P.)

Well i just wanted to know if anyone has one and if their any good, was it a good deal for £25?

They are essentially just MP3 players with video. They are obviously not as good as an iPod or some of the other brands available, but for the price you paid it will do you well. They sound just as good as the music files you put onto them.

Actually some of the larger capacity ones (8G, 10G) aren't really as big as they say they are. A lot of them may only be 256Mb. I don't remember how they did it, but when I was trying to find firmware updates for my generic 1GB MP4 player I ran across a lot of people who had bought larger ones from eBay only to find themselves stuck with a shitty 256mb mp4 player. They don't even play MP4 format files, it will come with a half English-half Chinese instruction manual and a little tiny white disk with a panda on it, that will have no instructions, so that you can find the converter hidden deep within the disk. The video quality is shit and I'm glad I got mine for less than my 512Mb MP3 player, otherwise I'd be pissed.

In honesty, just buy an iPod.

Well i guess i'll have to wait and see if it is as good as it's made out to be.

If it is only 256mb then i'm going to be pissed, i chose the 8gb one because it just about stores my whole music folder on it.

I was tempted to bid on 30gb ipod for 75 pounds but i don't think that it will stay that low for long.

If it's those Hong Kong ones that are all over e-bay they're glitchy as fuck, the headphones are shite (And they don't just use a regular headphone jack), if you sort stuff into subfolders, if you go back to the last directory it just cancels...meaning you have to individually skip through each track.

My brother bought one......he says he'd rather use a casette walkman.

The MP4 player came this morning, From what i've seen of it so far it seems ok, it is 8gb and it works fine.

Only problem is the stupidly short headphones.