Opinion on Web Design?

Is this going to be web-safe? As in, optimized images, optimized size for different monitor resolutions, browser-supporting codes, etc.?

If you're asking for an opinion on the way it looks, I'd say it looks a bit over-board graphically, but it's still decent. I'm just not sure how well the design will translate over onto the web, to be honest.

Norris you're overdoing it a little bit as all of the browser checks would be done after he had a solid design and if he were to actually go ahead and use this on an actual website, but I don't know if he actually will or not.

All of that being said, I don't like it that much. You seem to be divided on whether you want a clean, professional look or a slightly more modern semi-grungish look as the background part and the main window you have, don't fit well together. if you were to design the the main window like the background or use a background part similar to the main window, then you would be doing pretty well. That and the text sucks.

Generally speaking I've approached web design as setting up the structure first, then applying the graphical touch to it to make sure it worked, hence the way I replied. My apologies for assuming, it's late and I didn't think that through :P

Even with that however, I don't know why, but looking at this design it just seems like he'll have a hard time getting it to work with browsers and making it look right overall on different monitor resolutions, that's all I'm saying.

Might be skipping a bit far ahead and all, but in a way it'd be necessary: no use designing something you can't implement well onto the web.

I do agree with your advice though, that was another thing about the design that irked me.

Edited by The Mask of Norro

It looks okay but the uWeb font is way out of place amongst the other trendy ones. Why the tiny little content boxes? One large one would look a lot better. Plus Iframes went out with Nelson's eye.