Star trek Armada II

Docpepper

Found Armada II at a yard sale today , came with the box but no instructions . Luckily they include a few tutorials to help get you started. They didn't help me too much though .

I'm on the first Federation mission - Invasion and the borg are slaughtering me. Sometimes I get lucky and can build some mines and research station before attacking , other time's they decide to overload me with ships. Thought I could I put a rush and building mining centers and the station to scan the planets for metals and such. then quickly create a a few ships for extra protection before starting on the research center. Still no matter what the Borg eat us for lunch.

I'm also noticing a weird bug with the audio , at random the times the audio level will get real loud and scratchy , and it will stay like that for a few minutes then change back. Sometimes I can play hours before it starts up.

I have it, and I got pretty bored with it fast. It seems like every mission is the same.

I just went through the sound files of the game, and I feel cheated. The Klingons don't even say "Qa'pla!"....

I also own it, though I haven't played it in ages.

The basic strategy is always "Build 12 of your best ships. Throw them at the enemy. They'll all get destroyed but will take out some stuff in the process. In the meantime, build another 12 of your best ships. When completed, throw them at the enemy. Repeat ad-nauseum."

Except when playing as the Borg, when the strategy is "Build 8 Tactical Cubes. Stick them together to build one fucking massive Fusion Cube. You are now invincible." And if you've managed to build a Trans-Warp Gate in the process, even better. I can only imagine the panic of someone in a multiplayer game when they see a trans-warp conduit opening up in the middle of their base only for a BORG CUBE EIGHT TIMES BIGGER THAN A REGULAR CUBE to come flying through it. :pervert:

(Actually now that I think about it, there may have been some rule that Fusion Cubes were too big to fit through Trans-Warp Gates. Can't remember.)

Edited by stokeriño

I really hate the federation ships, just on the basis that their capabilities are nowhere near what they are on VOY and DS9, respectively. The Defiants and Intrepids are nothing but pieces of shit; plus the Agean-class and Iwa Jima-class weren't even in the movies and/or shows!

If they wanted a frigate type ship, they could've used the Prometheus-class from Voyager. Plus given how much screen time they had in DS9 during the Dominion War, some Miranda's and Excelsior's would've been nice.

Yeah, you can download them as add ons, but....it's just not the same.