Linkin Park - Minutes To Midnight

The Chief

I've listened to it a few times since getting it at midnight(pre-order on iTunes) and I can see where people wouldn't like it, but I actually do. I really like Shadow of the Day, What I've Done, Hands Held High, and No Roads Left based on my first few times of listening to them. It's a little bit too politically driven for me, but that's about my only complaint thus far.

I got this on my dinner hour (or half hour...fuckers <_<) today and it's by no means as good as Hybrid Theory or even Meteora, but then again, who was expecting it to be?

What I've Done is a grower, I really like Bleed It Out and it's an album that tends to get better as it goes on. That's why I think a fair portion of people aren't that happy with it. The first few tracks disappoint generally, and people go into critiscise mode. After giving it a few listens I'm satisfied with it, and while it's lost its 'rock' edge somewhat, I've heard worse. A lot worse.

Although I probably will just toss it onto a shelf though, as my copy of Subliminal Verses turned up in my old bag today. Before I Forget is kickass. :D

"No More Sorrow" is a hell of a song, I really enjoyed that.

Honestly, I... I'm iffy on the CD as a whole. I've no complaints about any of the songs, really-- I actually liked them. I've yet to find an LP song I didn't at least kind-of enjoy listening to. However, this CD isn't like their others, in that I couldn't give it too many multiple listens within a short period of time.

It's got a few songs that stand out, but... I don't know. "What I've Done", "No More Sorrow" and "Hands Held High" are my favorites thus far. The rest... eh, some are catchy, but none of them really stand out to me like their old songs did.