Linkin Park - Minutes To Midnight

The Chief

I've listened to it several times now. My opinion's changed for "crap" to "average". The majority of the tracks are technically good, but too much of it is what would be deemed as "quiet", and it isn't really why I listen to Linkin Park in the first place. Damnit I want my loud, thirty-five minutes of teenage angst!

I'm very disappointed that "Wake" is too short, that could've easily been a cool three/four minute instrumental track instead of the 1.30 with twenty seconds of nothingness it was in the end.

I hated What I've Done and thought it was very bland.

That being said, upon listening to Given Up, it just doesn't sound like Linkin Park. The song's relatively catchy, but it doesn't really sound anything like the Linkin Park that everybody knows and loves.

And the rest of the album isn't that great, either. Thought it would be nice to hear new LP this summer, but meh, overall, it's a less than stellar record but guess what? It'll still be number one when it's released.

In other news, Good Charlotte's album is really good. I don't know how, but it is.

..I think my brain just overloaded. :blink:

He's not just shitting you either...it actually is pretty good. I was slightly ashamed to admit it at first, but it's catchy as AIDS and half the trouble.

I've been listening to it all day, it's incredibly catchy, and actually sounds good. It's not anything groundbreaking musically, it's not amazingly deep lyrics, it's just a good album.

I agree on G.C.

Misery is decent, The River is good, Dance Floor Anthem is decent but then the rest seem to just be average so far. Only listened to the first eight though so there are 9 still left to go.

Back to M2M. I have the album and have listened to about a couple of times.

What I've done is alright, but maybe only cos I've heard it so much.

I like 'Give Up' and 'No More Sorrow' The only songs that are heavy enough to be Linkin Park to me.

The rest are pretty boring, either too slow or just abit 'gay' if you get what Im saying. More Shinoda would be good in these songs, but the song (s) that is just him rapping the whole thing is a complete wankfest.

I went and bought the album today despite already having a copy, half the reason being to contribute in getting the fucking Arctic Monkeys off the top of the album chart. :P

The one thing I don't get is why they've messed about with their successful formula so much. I realise they wanted to change, but they've ridded of the old formula forcefully. I was expecting them to have a good portions still being the rap vs. vocals with speaker scorching guitars, but it hasn't happened. :(

As far as "What I've Done" goes, it's pretty good actually. Well, I like it, but it seems like the only song that sounds LP'ish. I'm not a fan of bad transitions, at least when they went from Hybrid Theory to Meteora is wasn't too different, just a bit rockier. Now it sounds so different it's like a different band.

My mate actually tested this, he labeled some songs from this album (Bleed it out was one) under different band names and I just said "oh thats decent" or "Thats shit" and had no clue until he told me that it was Linkin Park. The album only songs don't sound like old LP, Meteora LP or even like "What I've Done." and that's not a good thing.

Yeh, while I like a couple of songs its just not the same LP :(

If a bands going to change their style, they need to make it good.

For example Avenged Sevenfolds transition between 'Waking The Fallen' and 'City Of Evil'

Linkin Park haven't managed this, which saddens me 'cos they were one of the first bands I really got into.

Yeh, while I like a couple of songs its just not the same LP :(

If a bands going to change their style, they need to make it good.

For example Avenged Sevenfolds transition between 'Waking The Fallen' and 'City Of Evil'

Linkin Park haven't managed this, which saddens me 'cos they were one of the first bands I really got into.

I suppose its down to personal opinion, but as one of those people who totally loved WTF, I loved COE even more. Again, guess its down to individual taste.

But I stick with my statement that I think LP have failed us all :ohwell: