360's on HDTV's.

FLiam

right, I have played my 360 on my mum's TV on 1080i setting on her HDTV, looks pretty awesome. I am thinking about getting a smaller TV for my room, this one, to be exact. On the back of all the 360 games it has the HD settings, 480p, 720p etc. My question is, is there much difference between the three, and what can that TV go up to, and do you think it is worth it?

780p is better quality than 1080i. If it's progressive (that's what the p stands for the i is interlaced) then the screen refreshes at twice the speed as an interlaced picture. Having said that on a small screen (for me any screen) it's hard to see (impossible for me to see) any real difference.

For me there is a massive difference between HD and non-HD pictures. But all of the HD pictures look much of a muchness. Instead the cables you choose to use play a bigger part. A cheap HDMI cable will give you a better picture than a top of the line component etc.

That television isn't true HD as it would need to be 1920x1080 rather than 1440x900. Other than that it has an HDMI socket so I'm guessing 720p wouldn't be a problem (ask to make sure). Contrast ratio looks shit, but it's subjective as most companies pull random numbers out their arse so it might not be too bad. The most important thing would be to check for lag. It never gives you a refresh time in the specs (if it does I missed it). Cheaper LCD's are nornally blurry with fast moving images i.e. most games.

It's impossible to say whether it's a good television without seeing it running. Look for some reviews on the net. Failing that go down the shop and put it through its paces.