Ghosthunter PS2 game problem

Influenced by my girlfriend, I've recently bought a second-hand Ghosthunter game for the PS2. I played, and when I came to the checkpoint, I saved the game, but when I try to load, it says no savegames exist in the card.

I'm thinking, in Resident Evil 4 I had the same problem, because my card is a 16 MB one, instead of the standard 8 MB one. Could it be the same kinda deal, with it saving perfectly fine on an 8 MB card, or is it because the game itself is screwy? It is second-hand, after all.

I know it's kinda a long shot, but does anyone know for sure?

If you're having troubles saving games on your 16 MB card it's most likely a problem with the memory card. For whatever reason the data you're trying to save isn't sticking into the card's memory.

If it's not an official Sony brand card I'd say with 90% confidence that your problem is the card. Try saving some other games that you haven't had problems with on the 16 MB and see if the problem still occurs.

Sounds like the old problem the PS has had since its first incarnation: Larger size memory cards "saving" data and then not being able to recover it. Used to happen a lot on those PS1 cards that used "Pages" of memory blocks. Can you see the save data if you browse the card from the PS2 menu?

If you're having troubles saving games on your 16 MB card it's most likely a problem with the memory card. For whatever reason the data you're trying to save isn't sticking into the card's memory.

If it's not an official Sony brand card I'd say with 90% confidence that your problem is the card. Try saving some other games that you haven't had problems with on the 16 MB and see if the problem still occurs.

Well, waddya know? It's not a problem with the card, as it doesn't recognize the saved games on the 8MB official Sony card, either. I guess it's a problem with the game. That's what I get for getting second hand games. I guess I'll have to return it to the store. Crap. Thanks for the help, guys.

Could be a glitch in the game. i remember GTA having sort of the same problem. when you saved at Cherry Poppers your data would get corrupted. I was so pissed when it happened to me.

Also make sure the system didn't get shutoff while saving the game. I've also had that happen and it will corrupt the saved game

Could be a glitch in the game. i remember GTA having sort of the same problem. when you saved at Cherry Poppers your data would get corrupted. I was so pissed when it happened to me.

Also make sure the system didn't get shutoff while saving the game. I've also had that happen and it will corrupt the saved game

If you have the receipt, you should have a 3 month guarantee on any preowned software.

Did you try to save from theg ame to the official card, or were you just copying the save from unofficial to official? If it's the later, I doubt it'd work as the card probably corrupts the saves.

And do yourself a favour and get an official card. Third party memory is possibly the worst thing you can get for a gaming system, especially with the PS1.