Made-Up Videogame Cover

Made this for a competition for another forum, rules were to design a game using the title "Gang Wars". Had no inspiration at all with the rules, so I decided to just wing it. I went for a ghettoer version of jet grind radio, and decided to make the cover look sorta graffitiish. Needless to say got a mixed reaction with this one :shifty: tis all i could come up with though, so i'm fine with it.

gangwarsentrykt2.jpg

It's really nice, but for the life of me I can't read the name of the game. I mean I can tell it's gang wars, but I can't read the word gang wars, if that makes sense.

It's all really nice, but maybe try something different with the text. Other than that, it's good.

I agree with Keith, the title needs to be much more readable. I'm also not sure on having the spine of the game in the same design, I think it may have looked better with the regular white background and black text for the name of the game. It could also do with some logos on the front to make it look more realistic, like an age certificate or the game maker's logo.

Other than that, though, I like it. It's a cool idea that you've pulled off pretty well.

I really hate it. The text is extremely hard to read, the brick is ugly because there's so much plain brickness in the graphic. It wouldn't work well at all as an actual game cover.

That said, if it weren't meant to be a cover and was just a graphic you made going for a graphiti effect, i'd say it was well done but the text needed work.