Final Fantasy: Dirge of Cerberus

Benji

So I bought it AAAAAGERS ago and just started playing it since Final Fantasy XII has turned out to be one of the most tedious games I've ever played (the story is great, but the process of advancing with levels and the such is fucking ridiculous, bring back random battles). Turns out it's a pretty damn fun game, I'm sick of games that try and be too much with too many controls and ridiculously hard levels, but this is just right, shoot, run, storyline. I like a good storyline in a game and thus have discovered I love this game -- hoorah!

Anyone else found it to be quite the entertaining little gem?

Guest clintcasey

It is a fairly decent game. I would call it more of a movie than an RPG or a Shooter.

since Final Fantasy XII has turned out to be one of the most tedious games I've ever played (the story is great, but the process of advancing with levels and the such is fucking ridiculous, bring back random battles).
Edited by clintcasey

It is a fairly decent game. I would call it more of a movie than an RPG or a Shooter.

since Final Fantasy XII has turned out to be one of the most tedious games I've ever played (the story is great, but the process of advancing with levels and the such is fucking ridiculous, bring back random battles).

Actually its quite easy to level up and advance in Final Fanatasy XII as long as you don't waste your license points. Don't spend a lot of license points on weapons, spells, and abilities until after you've actually purchased them. Instead, you should spend the majority of your license points on augments giving you things like more hit points, attack damage, mana, and increased effects from items. At my end game I had most of my characters at level 45, with the best gear I could purchase at the time, and all the augments purchased for every character. Each character had between 6000 and 7000 HP.

I'm talking about levelling up, not license points, getting them is fucking easy.

I enjoyed it very much seeing as

A) Vincent is the greatest Final Fantasy character ever of all time ever

B) It was just as you said, just a fun run and gun game

However, I found it way too short. :(