Innovation In wrestling Games

Docpepper

I was talking to my friend the other day about SVR 08 and the tna game. he was telling me about some features he'd like to see and it got me thing of what I believe should be included in the next gen titles.

1. A Balance Meter: my thinking is this . you have(for example) Rob van Dam , he has good agility. You Climb to the top waiting for the opponent to stand so you can hit the diving kick. With a balance meter you'd have to keep your balance while just standing there on the top. if your balance is off a bit when you hit the attack button , the there's a chance the kick will be off and miss the opponent or you might hit it but not perfectly thus causing half the damage. Couple this with a tweaked damage system you could have instances where RVD's leg has been weakened by Flair. his time RVD balance is worse and he wobbles from side to side , making it harder to hit the moves. This would work great for springboard moves as well.

I'm thinking maybe a small circle meter could appear over the players head with a green portion being the balanced region. The green portion would be bigger or smaller depending on the wrestler. Big show would have a smaller portion thus you'd have a hard time keep his balance on the top.

2. Ref should count when you are on the turnbuckle.

3. better physics and collision: if I suplex a guy close to the ropes , instead of his legs going through them or both players being pushed away , the should react to the ropes. Also if you have a guy in a submission , and your partner comes over and starts hitting or kicking him , it should not break the submission instead it should add extra damage to the opponent. the only time the move should be broke is if the person doing the move gets hit.

4. Better Ref AI

My friend would like to see them scrap the ratings of the wrestler and let each character be equal

Some good ideas there man. Only thing is the last bit with the character ratings. They are there for a reason and the only thing I could think of changing about them is to be able to edit their ratings if for some reason they change or you preonally think they are too high

Yeah being able to edit their attributes would be great as well as being able to update their attires , but I doubt we'll ever see that :)

Tag team AI that isn't moronic would be nice. I like the balance meter thing, I'm picturing it like in the Tony Hawk's games when you grind/lip/manual. Why on earth chracters should be equal is beyond me though.

Yeah, I think damage needs to be rethought. For a start, limb damage should affect offensive moves (like kicks being less effective/hurting the attacker if they've had their knee worked on). Not sure how it needs fixing, but it does, maybe more degrees of damage, or some kind of heart attribrute, so even if a guy is in red, if he's one of those never-say-die types, there's still a possibility to kick out of a pin.

Yeah, Ilike the idea of balance meters, they would add a lot to the game. Wrestlers interact with things, like previously said if someone was suplexed into the ropes, he should bounce off them etc. Also, I think it would be shit hot if you could control your entrance, like 1 time you could run down to the ring, and the next match you could rip a sign out of a fans hand, throw it down and then taunt the crowd. I think it would be a quality feature.