The End of Hardcore Gaming...

Reddaye

A lot of great counter arguments in the last few posts.

When game sales are in a slump, you're not going to see games like Ico, Okami, Viva Pinata or Psyhonauts - you're going to get rehash after rehash after rehash - because that's what is safe and guaranteed to turn a profit. But when games are doing very well, like they are now, you're going to see many releases that cover a broad spectrum of players and I don't see how that can be looked at as bad at all.
Edited by Drifter_2000

Way to spread misinformation there. Every Wii game barring Godfather (that I have seen at $65) and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (that I have seen for $70) on the Wii in Canada is $60. Do you have a Wii? Only the other two have the $10 higher sale price on games.
Edited by Drifter_2000

Well I must be blind and my bank account must have been tapped some extra dollars for that copy of Super Paper Mario that I paid 59.99 for. Add in your 14% sales tax here in good old Nova Scotia and you're paying around $68.50. I rounded up a buck fifty...so sue me. To be fair Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition only cost me roughly $40. I like how since I don't love the Wii and kiss it's white little square ass that I simply must not own one and just spend my days sitting around pissing in Nintendo's mouth.
Edited by Vilge Duin

Someone here is an angry little fella Duin, but I think it may be you. I didn't start attacking other members of the forum, I just voiced my opinion (as poor as you may think it is). Everything was going pretty civil until you erupted.

But whatever, let's try and keep this topic at least somewhat steered in the original direction.

To be fair, Vilge Duin didn't really attack you, so much a he challenged your opinion. I wouldn't really construe that as an attack, personally.

Well that's fine Norro, things got out of hand either way. It's better to end this before it turns into two people just pointlessly squabbling over a forum, which solves nothing.

EDIT:

Criticize the Wii all you please. Constructive criticism breeds improvement. Criticism simply for the sake of it is absolutely worthless. I have many complaints for it. And since we got one a few weeks ago, lack of more than a handful of games is a big one. But that is not Nintendo's fault and not something to bitch about. We knew what we were buying and what was available, and the future looks exciting.
Edited by Drifter_2000

All of this sudden Nintendo/Wii hate stems from E3. I mean, did anyone else watch their press conference? They spent a good 20 minutes on their new game, Wii Fit. It looks like a cool concept and all, but it pissed people off. Why? E3 is a gaming convention, and Nintendo devoted a great deal of their time to talking about bringing in the "casual" crowd. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to be honest, as none of those "casual" people are going to follow the coverage of E3.

That's what pissed people off. It's not the fact that they believe Nintendo is going completely "casual," it's the fact that they seemed to focus more on gaining new gamers than they did trying to please the gamers who have stuck with them for years. Are they doing the right thing? I don't know, I don't have a Wii, so I'm not really going to judge it. That's just what I've gathered from reading the boards and whatnot.

Meh, I usually turn entrances off after about a week, get sick of seeing the same thing over and again.

Get lost somewhere between this thread and the wrestling game one, Dragsy?

I really can't get used to the controls for some of the first person shooters on the Wii. Especially Medal Of Honor: Vanguard. I find it incredibly difficult to manuever and shoot acurately.

Really, the only games for the Wii I have enjoyed so far has been Wii Sports and Metal Slug. I haven't got around to trying Super Paper Mario yet...

However, when I first got the Super Nintendo, the only game I enjoyed was Super Mario World, and for the Nintendo 64, Goldeneye. It always takes a while for great games to come out.