Sum "Fucking" 41

YI

I swear the god, I've never heard a band bastardise the C-G-A-F chord progression (Well, the chordal pattern at least) as much as they have on their new album. I swear to god.

1. Used in the verse/bridge

2. Used throughout - also uses a horrifically similar vocal line to 7

3. Is free I think....good song

4. It starts with a C-G-A pattern...I'm on the edge of my seat...THERE WE GO!!! Uses it in the verse

5. I believe it is free

6. I believe it's free....it's shite...and in French

7. Good song...I believe it may be free, but just...I believe there's a C-G-A-G pattern. :shifty:

8. Best song on the album...not here...I believe.

9. HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!

10. OOOOHHH sneaky C-G-A/G-F...SNEAKY BASTARDS!!! YOU DON'T FOOL ME!!!

11. n/a

12. C-G-A/G-F AGAIN!!! SNEAKY CUNTS!!!

13. I swear to god this is a Blink 182 song....it's good.....THERE IT IS!!! C-G-A-F CHORUS!!! HELL YEAH!!! IT IS A BLINK 182 SONG :shifty:

14. Not there...or so I believe...I got bored listening to it

15. Not there...most boring ending to a pop-punk album ever though.

So lets get this straight...15 songs...and it's in at least 7 of the songs...and the rest often have moments have sounding suspiciously similar. I swear to god. I like Sum 41. But this is some of the shittest song writing I've ever heard. :shifty:

There's no real point to this thread, besides the fact I have FAR TOO MUCH TIME on my hands.

Edited by YI

Is it not Am?

Cause I tried out the C-G-A-F on my piano and it sounds kind of rubbish. Suppose it wouldn't make much difference if they're only doing 5th chords though.

Edited by YI

I haven't really gotten through the first two songs, but it does sound way too much like Blink. And "Underclass Hero" sort of is shit compared to the heavier stuff they eyed with "We're All to Blame" and the Chuck album.

EDIT mainly because it was worded wrong.

Edited by Mr. Sebastian Grainger

Yeah....though I do love the fact Sum 41 can take a chorus off a song included as a b-side on "Chuck", change nothing and put it into a new song, which has nothing to do with the original, and release it as the lead in single for the new album.

Is the CD out in Canada yet? I haven't seen it yet.

Also, I heard that one of the guys from Gob did one of the songs with them (Underclass Hero I believe)....does he help out with the rest of the CD, or just the one song?