Bright Eyes

Loonister

Does anybody like Bright Eyes around here? I've been listening to them for about a year and I can't wait 'till the new LP comes out next year. The split they did with Neva Dinova was decent, and the Kilborn performance on which he did "Sing Sing Sing" was great. Just wondering what you guys think about them. If you haven't heard them, I suggest listening to "I Will Be Grateful For This Day, I'll Be Grateful for Each Day to Come" (which can be more easily found as "Grateful" or "A Girl I Knew"), or try "Lover I Don't Have to Love". Those two songs seem to be favorites of new Bright Eyes listeners, although my favorite Bright Eyes song right now would probably be "The Center of the World".\

EDIT: Eh, I'd appreciate it if a mod moved this to Entertainment.. I fucked up. :blink:

Edited by Loonister

He's not much of a musician, but he's probably one of the greater lyricists out there today... And true, Commander Venus was a great start. Desaparecidos (I hope I spelt it right) is pretty good if you're into that emocore stuff, it's not At The Drive-In, but it's still decent.

Guest Locutus of Borg

I do like some of his stuff, with "Bowl of Oranges" and "The Calendar Hung Itself" being my favorites. "A Perfect Sonnet" and "Lover I Don't Have to Love" are pretty good too. But that's about the extent of my liking of Bright Eyes.

I only discovered them recently, whilst looking for Art Garfunkel's Bright Eyes, and checked them out just because I liked the song titles. The Calendar Hung Itself is good, as is Lover You Don't Have To Love, but my personal favourite so far has to be It's Cool, We Can Still Be Friends.