Looking For Group: The Origins of Dick

The Mask of Norro

Here's a teaser clip from the movie, made by the same people who brought you the legendary "Least I Could Do" webcomic, and the "Looking For Group" webcomic that was made as a side-project.

The voice for Richard is PERFECT! This is going to be amazing, I really can't believe they're going all out with a 75-85 minute movie... this should be fun.

I was actually just checking it out. Great play on the Little Mermaid song, but it makes me wonder if Disney might use it's sue-trigger all too happily as before if they start selling the movie.

It's satire. Disney could sue, but they wouldn't win anything. That's how LICD has gotten away with so much of their antics, defacing characters and all that.

Having just recently dipped into the series, I've got to say that I liked nearly all of the characters (though Richard has sadly taken a temporary backseat to the storyline, issuing only the rare one-or-two-liner.) The animation for the short is actually well done for such a small studio, and Richard's voice is a little bit of what I expected. Looking forward to it.