naiwf Domination '08 (for TEW07), a work in progress

/forum/index.php?showtopic=54998">http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index....showtopic=54998

That link contains the info within the universe I created which was set to begin on Jan. 1, 2006 and is playable for TEW 05. I've received a few requests to update it to TEW 07 but I'm going to need some help with the game mechanics since I only have the demo. Specifically, I need to know how to set up the product information for the main companies involved. If anyone has figured out what the info should look like for the WWE, TNA, WCW, a puro based fed or a lucha style one please let me know.

In this thread I will post any changes that have taken place in the 2 years since the last "update". I'll just say in advance that NWA: Americas has folded, a few once large promotions have hit hard times, three have seen large growth, a former mainstay has returned and I'm going to be adding a lot of people who have debuted/become prominent in the last 18-24 months in real life. I was looking through a recent EWR update and noticed that there were literally 40-50 people in WWE developmental who I hadn't heard of since I don't follow wrestling as much anymore, and probably as many as 100 or more people working in prominent TV roles that weren't in the database. So far, I've only completed rewriting the fed bios for Calgary (now Canadian) Stampede and Mexico City and included the complete title lineage for all of the major promotions. I've figured out the NWA World Heavyweight Title stuff as well, but there's still a LOT of work to be done, but I hope to get this finished by the end of the month.

Any suggestions on roles for those people who have recently made their mark on WWE, TNA, RoH or puro programming would be greatly appreciated. It would also help if you could tell me where you think they'd best fit in. The only place that's "off limits" is Mexico City because I played the game with them and they're the basis of the many changes.

In any case, here's the NWA: CS recap for 2006 & 2007

2006 & 2007

Calgary Stampede's slide into mediocrity has been tough to watch for longtime fans of the NWA. The once proud branch is all but withered and dead after 'The Canadian Crippler' Chris Benoit sold them out yet again, this time opting to ply his trade in Mexico City. Once Benoit left on October 1st, 2006, Christian Cage (who was instrumental in getting Benoit down to Mexico) finally signed a written deal with Konnan's promotion as well. With the writing now firmly on the wall, Adam Copeland also opted to bid his home base farewell settling in with WCCW. It's pretty safe to say that there are no big stars left in NWA: CS as former jobber to the stars Black Dragon had a 16 month run as Heavyweight Champion in order to try and establish him as the top guy in the promotion, but even that failed as attendance has hit a 25+ year low in recent months. With their fanbase in Calgary all but dried up, the promotion renamed itself Canadian Stampede midway through 2007, but it remains to be seen whether the oldest branch of the NWA can survive through what is being heavily hyped as its 60th Anniversary Year in hopes of sparking some interest in the once proud giant.

NWA: Hardcore City recap for 2006 & 2007

2006 & 2007

The NWA: Americas experiment did not work as NWA: Mexico City waged a vicious war on Eric Bischoff's WCCW during the last half of 2006, eventually forcing NWA: Hardcore City & NWA: Memphis to go back to running shows on their own. While NWA: HC did better than WCCW after the split, they lost a lot of momentum when they were splitting their TV taping schedule with NWA: Memphis who gained the most from the brief Americas ordeal. As other stars around the country took off, Heyman's crew seemed to regress quite a bit and aside from Abyss & The Last Dragons making it big in the last two years not much has changed. Rhino Richards remains the focal point of the singles action although he's not nearly as hot as he once was thanks to being exposed for being undersized when compared to the monsters that were part of WCCW during the Americas run. The fans finally grew sick of The Dudley Boys and Heyman had to cut ties with them early on in 2007. Although the last two years haven't been great for Hardcore City, at least they're not Canadian Stampede and still have some big name talent to work with.

WCCW recap for 2006 & 2007

Eric Bischoff finally met his match in terms of doing whatever it takes to win a battle as Konnan's war with the WCCW boss saw NWA: Americas fall apart, 'The Bisch' lose a handful of his top stars AND NWA: NY return all in the span of 8 whirlwind months between April 2006 and the conclusion of StarrCade '06. The final 5 minutes of StarrCade will always be known as the figurative moment when WCCW fell to # 2 in the minds of many fans. In those last few moments we saw 'The Canadian Crippler' Chris Benoit's hand being raised in victory as he defeated 'Superstar' Steve Austin for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Then everyone witnessed the "shoot heard 'round the world" as Chris Jericho entered the ring to celebrate with his old buddy and cut a scathing promo about how WCCW was a "dying, festering carcass" as he announced his defection to NWA: Mexico City at the end of the largest annual event in NWA Worldwide! The news only got worse for Bischoff as Paul Levesque, The Giant & Kurt Angle all followed a couple of months later and WrestleMania VIII saw the lowest buyrate ever for the storied WCCW event. 2007 came to a brutal end with Brock Lesnar also jumping ship to Mexico City.

On the plus side, even with all of the losses WCCW still has plenty of star power with Adam Copeland, Dave Batista, Randall Orton, 'Superstar' Steve Austin, The Laughing Man & The Rock doing their best to stem the tide. However, the star of stars for them has been Mr. Benjamin who made history by becoming the first man in the history of NWA Worldwide to win the NWA Triple Crown when he captured the World Heavyweight Title at StarrCade '07. Although Benoit defeated Benjamin for the last two NWA International Wrestler of the Year honors, Benjamin has gone supernova and is without question the hottest commodity in the world heading into 2008. Though they've lost ground to Mexico City and have New York breathing down their necks Benjamin might just be the guy to get them back to the top of the heap.

NWA: Memphis recap for 2006 & 2007

The NWA: Americas experiment did not work as NWA: Mexico City waged a vicious war on Eric Bischoff's WCCW during the last half of 2006, eventually forcing NWA: Hardcore City & NWA: Memphis to go back to running shows on their own. Unlike the other two parts of NWA: Americas, NWA: Memphis found their stride in the last year and a half and have put themselves on the verge of competing on the global level with WCCW and NWA: Mexico City. The Hardy Boys have grown from being a pair that the fans have always liked to two superstars capable of headlining a successful promotion as Matt and Jeff have run with the ball farther than anyone thought they could.

Matt's arrival in late 2005 and dominance as Heavyweight Champion was Memphis' hottest story until the duo won the Tag Titles and eventually vacated them when Jeff turned on Matt by helping Johnny C-Note finally win the first Heavyweight Title of his career, claiming that he was tired of living in Matt and Nora's shadow. A bitter feud between the two ran the course of a whole year and ended with Matt finally reclaiming the title from Jeff. The two brothers reconciled after the match, but now they face serious threats to the top spots from former champs C-Note, and a resurgent Allen Jones, as well as the hottest prospect in the promotion, Austin Aries who made a huge name for himself by forcing 'El Terror de Tijuana' Tito Ortiz to submit in an interpromotional match that all but stole the show at StarrCade '07. The James Gang also did Memphis proud by winning the NWA World Tag Team Titles in July of 2007 and bringing them to the promotion as compensation for losing the NWA World Cruiserweight Title when Christian Daniels jumped ship to NWA: NY, kickstarting that promotion.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...