The Used

Vendetta

IS IT WORTH IT? CAN YOU EVEN HEAR ME? STANDING WIT YOUR SPOTLIGHT ON ME!...yadda...yaddaa...yadda...IT'S FOUR O'CLOCK IN THE FUCKING MORNING!

Quality tune. It went incredibly downhill from there.

There was some gold on their first album, but never really liked anything of theres since, personally.

Even though the lyrics seem to not make any sense whatsoever, I've gradually grown to love "Pretty Handsome Awkward" off their new album, yeah. And he DOES look like Kurt, don't know what's going on there.

I heard something about the song being aimed at Gerard of My Chemical Romance and that it got a bunch of MCR fanboys and girls' panties up in knots... there any truth to that?

The most I can find, Norro, is this:

The band is also shown wearing jackets that are similar to the ones that My Chemical Romance wear in the video for "Welcome To The Black Parade".

Well from what I understood, the song was actually directed at Gerard. Meh, it doesn't really matter either way, I like both bands' new albums, I just don't understand why some people get so into the band (as opposed to the music) that they take offense FOR the person.

"I WILL NEVER LISTEN TO THE USED AGAIN BECAUSE THEY INSULTED MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE AND BY PROXY HAVE INSULTED ME AS WELL. DEAR GOD, WHY WOULD THEY DO SUCH A THING?"

... yeah, that kind-of shit annoys the piss out of me <_>

Well from what I understood, the song was actually directed at Gerard. Meh, it doesn't really matter either way, I like both bands' new albums, I just don't understand why some people get so into the band (as opposed to the music) that they take offense FOR the person.

"I WILL NEVER LISTEN TO THE USED AGAIN BECAUSE THEY INSULTED MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE AND BY PROXY HAVE INSULTED ME AS WELL. DEAR GOD, WHY WOULD THEY DO SUCH A THING?"

... yeah, that kind-of shit annoys the piss out of me <_<

I've always written The Used off as standard emo-pop-rock after their first few albums but after listening to the Transformers soundtrack, I've grown pretty fond of "Pretty Handsome Awkward" as well.

By the way, I was reading Revolver magazine a few months ago where Bert was talking about his favorite tracks from the new album and talked about a track with a melody influenced by Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. Since I don't have that issue on me right now, anyone mind helping me out and telling me what the track is called?