The people who gave you When Animals Attack 3

GRIFT

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Fox plans new channel of all reality

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By David Bauder

The Associated Press

Fox is planning to start the Fox Reality Channel early next year, airing a mix of original series and reruns of series like Joe Millionaire and Temptation Island.

Fox joins Reality Central, which is set to begin later this year, and Reality TV, which airs only on the Dish Network, in the competition to be the go-to place for reality fans.

With owner News Corp.'s one-third stake in Direct TV, a collection of studios and a broadcast network that has long embraced the genre, the Fox Reality Channel is well-positioned for the fight.

"It was never so much a question of whether we might take this next step and launch a dedicated reality channel," said Anthony Vinciquerra, Fox Networks Group president. "It was only a matter of when."

Vinciquerra told USA Today that talks will begin soon to seek carriage on major pay TV operators, such as Time Warner Cable and Dish Network.

Reality Central has been trying to promote itself as a destination for fans of the genre. It intends to keep viewers up-to-date with what's on across all the networks.

Vinciquerra said that while Fox-related companies will provide a bulk of the new network's programming, it will also feature original programming.

Lord hath you no mercy!?

I'm a sucker for reality TV. I can't get enough of Survivor and that

I'm a sucker for reality TV. I can't get enough of Survivor and that

I'm figuring it'll be all FOX reality shows. So if you like COPS, Temptation Island, Joe Millionaire and the such, this is your network. Now if they had old Survivor, THAT would be a channel to order.