John Morrison

KoA

If I was being a prick, I'd say the "o" in Morrison seems slightly too far over from the "M". That's nit-picking, though.

Other than that, it's got a pretty good look to it.

PS. If you think I'm being harsh with that first comment, say. I'm not known for having the best vision, so it might just be me. :P

I think it's just the text, dude. Seeing as capitals don't join up to other letters. If you look, you'll notice it with the J on John as well...It's just not as spaced because of the shape of the letter J compared to M.

And you aren't being harsh, it's quite an easy misconception to make.

Nope, you're right, I'm wrong.

Other than that like I say, I can't see anything wrong with it. The only thing I could say is that I've seen many peoples designs look quite similar to that. Have you made/have you thought about making wallpaper sized gfx?

That's where you can properly judge a graphic, I think.

I'd suggest that the choice of text for the 'guru of greatness' and 'awesome GFX' bit isn't right, as it has blurred it. The pixel fonts do only tend to look good (IMO) and not blur when kept small.

I like the effect that you've but on the background images (the text? thing), although IMO it doesn't fit Morrison. Keep it up though (Y)

I'd suggest that the choice of text for the 'guru of greatness' and 'awesome GFX' bit isn't right, as it has blurred it. The pixel fonts do only tend to look good (IMO) and not blur when kept small.

I like the effect that you've but on the background images (the text? thing), although IMO it doesn't fit Morrison. Keep it up though (Y)

Patronising tastard :P

If I was being a prick, I'd say the "o" in Morrison seems slightly too far over from the "M". That's nit-picking, though.

How is it that being a prick? You've spotted something you don't like and you're making it known to him, suggesting how to improve it. That's constructive criticism, nothing wrong with it.

Even if the font makes it so there's a big gap between the first letter and the rest of a word, it doesn't mean you have to stick with that. You can reduce the gap either by cutting and pasting the first letter or reducing the spacing when you set the text parameters. It would look much better.

The stroke on the text is too thick, it makes it look very amateurish IMO and I'm not fond of pixel fonts but they look really poor when they're blurred like that. There's usually a specific size they look best at (depending on the font) and going outside of that makes it blurred. Either use the non-blur size or use a non-pixel font.

The glow around the main Johnny cut needs to go, either make it less noticeable or find a different way to single out that cut as the main focus of the graphic. On the positive side of things the background and the blending looks good. Work on the other stuff and you could improve this to a solid sig.

i like it you have gotten a 100 times better from when u first started making banners, fonts need a bit of work and im not a fan of the glow but yeah i liked it man

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Here's an Edge one I made, in an almost identical way to the Morrison one, but I've used Scanlines and a Grunge BG (Which doesn't seem very clear...) overlay as well.

Edge.jpg

Edited by Chip Horton

How is it that being a prick? You've spotted something you don't like and you're making it known to him, suggesting how to improve it. That's constructive criticism, nothing wrong with it.

Even if the font makes it so there's a big gap between the first letter and the rest of a word, it doesn't mean you have to stick with that. You can reduce the gap either by cutting and pasting the first letter or reducing the spacing when you set the text parameters. It would look much better.

The stroke on the text is too thick, it makes it look very amateurish IMO and I'm not fond of pixel fonts but they look really poor when they're blurred like that. There's usually a specific size they look best at (depending on the font) and going outside of that makes it blurred. Either use the non-blur size or use a non-pixel font.

The glow around the main Johnny cut needs to go, either make it less noticeable or find a different way to single out that cut as the main focus of the graphic. On the positive side of things the background and the blending looks good. Work on the other stuff and you could improve this to a solid sig.

It would make me a prick, because I cannot design, therefore I can't really "diss" the work of other people when I couldn't do any better myself :P

Umm, back on topic please?

What are your thoughts on the Edge graphic in the post before BaddarD2k7's last one?

I like it, but it's too similar to Morrison's one. If you made one for every WWE superstar like that, I'd like them all, but they'd still all look pretty much the same.

It would make me a prick, because I cannot design, therefore I can't really "diss" the work of other people when I couldn't do any better myself :P

Just because you can't do any better yourself doesn't mean you can't criticise someone's work. Even someone with no graphical ability themselves knows what they do or don't like the look of.

As for the Edge one it's better but seriously, get rid of the stroke on the text. A small black drop shadow would work much better.