Skate

Fanku Kaibutsu

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to clarify that though I've complained about the game in here, I played it for like 8 straight hours the other night, I do really like it. I can see a future version with the wrinkles ironed out being the greatest skating game ever, with no need for a sequel >_>

Seriously though, I spent about half an hour on a photo challenge, trying to skate over a bus shelter. On Tony Hawk's I'd have thrown the controller through the tv screen after about five minutes. It's much more fun. And on Tony Hawk's games, I've never repeated challenges over and again just to make the photos look cooler.

You know that first photo you do at the school? The second career I did(yes I did two seperate ones) I was grinding it and Shingo freaking got into the picture right behind me. Fucking Shingo, trying to take all the credit.

I just did a quick vid using the demo.

It's basically just a rail>skate>rail>land but i find the camera angles helped it, Ill put it up when i can figer out how.

Half my bus shelter photos were ruined by a freaky Children-Of-The-Corn-esque pedestrian walking right in front of the photographer.

Oh, and if anyone cares about the review achievement, we could set up a backscratch-type system, i.e. you review my shit, I'll review yours. Although we need 20 people to review each one for it to work >_>

EDIT: I forgot to add the URL for me taking a quick breather.

pic - http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/27555/posts/278148.aspx

vid - http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/27555/posts/278147.aspx

Edited by Dragsy 7-0

Question; how can I get sponsorships for my wheels and trucks and stuff? I got a deal with Zero who give me a nice free deck, but now when I do a Pro Challenge and it says "nail this and you'll be skating for _______", I complete the challenge and nothing happens. Does it just take time, or do I actually have to do something?

Edited by Jimmy the Exploder

the wheel/truck sponsorships come later. What I think you're intended to do is do all the pro challenges, then pick your board sponsor at the shop. I did what you did, though. Zero has the best boards, so I went straight to their challenge representative.

I went with Real for my board, cause I liked the one deck, and turned out to be the Real guy's own pro model, felt a bit daft being a pro riding on some other guy's design :/

A deck designer would have been so cool, it'd actually make sense when you get awarded pro models and the pros send you messages saying your new pro model looks cool. And other kids could buy it from the shops and you could see them rolling around town doing tricks with your designs on.

In spoilers just in case.

The Rob and Big pro challenge is driving me mad. Either I can do a 360 flip, or I can grind, and 80% of the time I do a 360 shove it, or I can't do the crooked grin. Anyone got any tips? Could use some good ideas for filming no-skate zone videos as well, I really struggle to get more than about 3,500 points.

In spoilers just in case.

The Rob and Big pro challenge is driving me mad. Either I can do a 360 flip, or I can grind, and 80% of the time I do a 360 shove it, or I can't do the crooked grin. Anyone got any tips? Could use some good ideas for filming no-skate zone videos as well, I really struggle to get more than about 3,500 points.