TV repair

MalaCloudy Black

So last night before I went to bed when I stepped in the living room I noticed that something was making a high pitched squeaking noise in there. I assumed it was the ceiling fan as it's came loose and made a similar sound before, so I decided I'd look at it when I got up. Well, I went in there to look at it and found that it wasn't coming from the ceiling fan, and when I followed the sound it was coming from (what it seems like at least) a cable behind my TV. I tried to turn the TV on and nothing happened; no picture.

Any ideas what this is? Is it serviceable? I googled the problem and read a little bit about it, but of all the questions and complaints I've found about "high pitched squeaking noises from my TV" none have mentioned anything about the display not working. Most of the problems I've read, they have the noise (and it seems to come from the same area) but the television display works fine.

If it's not serviceable I guess it's no big deal, I'll just move my TV in there, but I'd still like to know what's wrong.

I had a similar problem last year - when you power it up, even though there's no picture, does it sound like the tube's turning on?

Nope - nothing at all. The only noise is the sound of the power button being pressed. >_>

And for what it's worth, this is just like the TV I'm talking about.