Band Of Horses

Cactus Drags

Any fans here? I picked up the new album, Cease To Begin, today, largely because I thought The Funeral (one of my favourite tracks on the Skate. soundtrack) was on it, and it was on display next to the latest Thrice album, which I was intending to buy (it's awesome by the way). Still, I'm certainly not disappointed at the lack of The Funeral, as the album is stunning, love the reverby vocals, and the countryish twang to some of the tracks. Is There A Ghost is probably my favourite at the moment. I've downloaded the debut album, and I'm quite enjoying that too. Are their previous bands (Cassira's Wierd or something of that nature) and side-projects etc. worth checking out?

SOPHISTICATED FUCK PRINCESS PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE!!! - Carissa's Weird are awesome.

As are Band of Horses. I remember Ringy saying he was dissapointed with the second album, but I actually prefer it to the first. "No One's Gonna love You" is easily one of my songs of the year, and features on the last "Big Gay Playlist" :shifty:. The first album is top notch stuff as well, "Our Swords" inparticular being a good song.

I'm still kind of dissapointed that the guy who looks like my dad left before the 2nd album. :(

Yeah, I found them through skate. as well. I've given the second album a spin but haven't managed to get through the first one yet because I'll click on it on my iPod and just be like "oooohhhhh...The Funeral" and forget about the rest of the album.

And Thrice has a new album? Damn I can't keep up with this shit.

Edited by Clawson

Yer, called The Alchemy Index. It's actually four cds, being released as sets of two volumes. Volumes one and two (Fire and Water) came out this week. Wind/Air and Earth are due out Spring 08. Fire's very much like their angry loud phase, the early stuff up to Illusion of Safety. Water's more like the stuff such as Red Sky and Atlantic on Vheissu, which some people don't like, but I love it.