Assassin's Creed Thread

I just got the game this afternoon, played it a little bit. Fun stuff, Graphics are amazing and gameplay is real good. It's going to be hard to figure out what to play between this, Kane & Lynch, Skate, Halo 3 and Mass Effect

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get them every once in a while, the punch or the kick, but by the time I get one I'm already surrounded so they really do me absolutely no good. So far it hasn't been that much of a problem as I've gotten pretty good at simply running away, but I'm guessing that it won't be so easy later on.

I get them every once in a while, the punch or the kick, but by the time I get one I'm already surrounded so they really do me absolutely no good. So far it hasn't been that much of a problem as I've gotten pretty good at simply running away, but I'm guessing that it won't be so easy later on.

It's all about pressing R1 and square at the SAME TIME for the counter. Don't just keep hold of R1 - it's timing.

Also the small blade is better for groups of guards believe it or not cos it's a lot quicker.

And the glitching freeze has happened to me about three times. Annoying but no biggie - turn off the console, back on again and away we go. It's not like the loading times are particularly severe anyway.

Ok this might help some people. If you have the PS3 version and are getting freezes and lock-ups, make sure you turn off the ticker bar in the PS3 menu, you know, the one that was introduced in firmware 2.0 because it seems to be one of the reasons for the lock-ups. Also make sure you are not signed in to the PS Network either. We found those two solutions in another forum and played the game for like 3 hours without a single lock-up. Hope that helps.

Ok this might help some people. If you have the PS3 version and are getting freezes and lock-ups, make sure you turn off the ticker bar in the PS3 menu, you know, the one that was introduced in firmware 2.0 because it seems to be one of the reasons for the lock-ups. Also make sure you are not signed in to the PS Network either. We found those two solutions in another forum and played the game for like 3 hours without a single lock-up. Hope that helps.

Good to know. thanks.

Optimus-Prime-Assassins-Creed_qjgenth.jpg

OPTIMUS PRIME!!!!!!!!! :w00t:

So I'm on my fourth assassination now and even though I'm doing the view points, it's not longer showing me where to pickpocket/eavesdrop/etc and even running around town isn't popping anything up. I'm not sure who my target it, but it's in Jerusalem (sp?) so I guess I'm asking if I'm doing something wrong or if it just stops showing you where to go.

Ah yes the ticker bar. I'll happily turn that beggar off.

Normally I'll have the game on for say 6 hours, only playing it for half and the other half paused while the mrs is watching the TV. In this time I tend to get a freeze about 5-10 minutes from when I first start the game. I restart and after that never have any more problems. Strange.