EWB Inaugural Be A Guitar Hero Contest

NobBe Nobbs

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not just late, but I'm actually disqualifying myself because a) there's no way I could break the 300k barrier without spending hours on it, b) my camera sucks shit and c) I sorta want to see how far Mattman actually gets. The score to beat, unshockingly, is Sacrafice's 413k even if he was run close, which means he is comfortably in the lead for...THE BONUS ROUND. As a reward for leading the league tables at this point, Sacrafice gets to pick what song comes next. The caveats are simple: he can't pick a song already played, and he also can't pick a song above Tier 3 on Hard, although he can pick bonus songs if he wants (with the exception of TTFAF). The overall league table will keep running, just because, but there will be another table I'll keep myself over Rounds 6, 7, 8 and 9 to see who (if anyone's even left) gets to pick the song for Round 10. Pick away, Sacrafice.

So am I too late to get my score in? Been a busy week.

I'm gonna use the Mattman train of thought, with the 'it's so shit no one would lie' because today I left my phone cable over my friends flat. And it's a shit score, made even shitter by me doing it sitting down as I kinda scuffed up my knees, and hands, on a trip to the floor whilst running for the train. Fun was not had. And the new hole in my jeans is evidence. <_<

Anyway...

'Story of My Life', Social Distortion

92% notes hit

*** hard

streak: 68

Never liked that song.

ohhhh I can feel the love!

I would have picked Sunshine of my Love, but come on.... If you can't 100% that song you must only have two fingers or something. This song is way easier than Story of My Life. I could have picked Barracuda and those fun as hell triplets through out most of the song. If you can last through Hard mode you have a great shot at beating me as I don't play expert very often and really all you have to do is not finish last in the last round to win it all!

so i had a couple of runs through it this morning and i'm at about the 250k mark, trying to work out a good star power path...Is it at all possible to whammy the fuck out of the first star power chords to get an activation in for the chords before the verse starts?

They are, Barracuda is the only song i played through on hard that I actually got the rhythm of the alt strumming pretty much first time. Obviously there's not much in the way of tips, but it helps if you don't go back to normal position between sets of three. Like, strum down-up-down *space* up-down-up.

The same bits on Raining Blood seem way off to me moreso, since I basically just strum up and down continuously rather than leaving the gaps in between notes and it works better than the previous method.