Papa Roach

Benji

In the past year I've grown to accept Papa Roach as one of my favourite bands, they've always been fringe but the Paramour Sessions has really made me appreciate them as a band, they've grown up but not lost the key energy that made them so interesting in the first place. "To Be Loved" has outgrown itself as 'just RAWs theme' for me and become an entirely different animal, and that's a rare thing for me, I tend to really associate TV themes with their show, now whenever I listen it's all about the actual song.

Just spreading the Jacoby Shaddix and co love <3

Infest was a great album, I remember the buzz around it spreading through our school like wildfire, when it was REALLY not cool to like rock music. lovehatetragedy was alright, better than it was critically received anyway. Getting Away With Murder has some badass songs, but also a lot of filler if I remember rightly (haven't heard it in ages), but I've not really gotten into the Paramour Sessions. I guess I prefer their angsty, nu-metal edge to their current, more contemporary-metal type smell.

The nu-metal stuff was just boring. Everyone in my junior high school was constantly yelling out, "Cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort.." and that's ALL they would ever say. I got so sick of that song.

But after hearing "Alive (N Out of Control)", I went out and bought The Paramour Sessions. It's a great album. I think Papa Roach has done the same as Avenged Sevenfold. They've gone from a fringe genre to a more mainstream hard rock/metal group, and I think they're a lot better now.