The Official General Art Thread

After having it suggested to me a few times, I'm going to give this a whirl and see how well it does. If there's enough demand for it, I might pitch an idea to the other admins about having a subforum for General Art. That is, of course, if this does well enough. We'll see.

Alright, so, point of this thread:

Got a work of art you'd like to show off on EWB, but since it's not Graphic Design, think you can't show it here? Well, you can in this thread! Show off your artwork, be it painting, sketching... whatever you'd like, and look for feedback. Let's keep things civil in here.

We'll see how this thread does... if it's popular enough, like I said, I'll pitch the idea. Only if it's popular enough though.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's been like half a month now and only one reply, so I'll go ahead and unpin this. Use it for art discussion if you guys still want, but looks like there's not enough interest to warrant it being pinned.

Edited by The Mask of Norro

well, almost everyone here posts wrestling GFX that (compared to the art world) are aproaching stuff in a very different way. (the "cool" way)

Maybe just putting some pices of art or design (+maybe a short backstory?) on this part of the board when you come across em will do a better job of creating interest and conversation.

I liked the aproche though.

its a good idea for a topic it sucks that I'm really no good at traditional media. while I'm here though anyone know any sites that hve articles and tutorials that can help me me get better at sketching and drawing ?

That’s a good one if you want to go for the Human Figure in depth. It’s not expensive (i bought it) but brilliant. Of cause it’s all over the web illegally as well but you´ed never use such sources. <_<

http://thestructureofmandvd.blogspot.com/

For sketching I believe just go and sketch is the most important part, maybe some lecture on perspective and rendering in between will fastend the qualety gain - but i got all of that on DVD and not on a web source. :-x