Villa Releases

Summers

Dion Dublin and Ronny Johnson have been released, and will not be at the club next season.

I saw this coming, both have done well this season when they played, and I'm slightly surprised at the release of Ronny, he's played well this season. And Dion leaving was expected, but, he's been great for the club for years.

A bit suprised that Ronny got released after watching an interview with O'Leary saying he needs some centre-backs. Johnsen has been good when I've seen him. I don't really know whats going to happen to him, but he might get picked up by practically any lower Premiership side.

A bit more suprised Dion has gone to be honest. I believe he has soemthing to offer still. Again, may end up at a lower Premier league side, or a div1 team.

Both players can still play at a good level. To be honest, I would have thought there were worse players in the Villa squad.

I can't think of any worse defensive players to be honest. Both have particularly large salaries too, and we need to cut those down. With Ridgewell breaking into the first team, it gives us some cover too.

And we're after some new signings and loan deals, so, I'm sure we'll end up with those spaces covered.

Not to mention, Dion's been playing in the reserves most of the season.