Official Fantasy Baseball Thread

EWRFan

Seems about an even trade to me.

Personally, I wouldn't take it but that's the Cabrera fanboy in me. I think Cabrera will put up bigger numbers than Sizemore but Sizemore offers more speed and perhaps even average.

Reyes and Rollins seems like a crapshoot to me, other than that Rollins will have better power numbers, but less steals.

That trade could go either way, IMO.

I decided not to go ahead with the trade. This is my current team:

C Russel Martin

1B Derek Lee

2B Dan Uggla

3B Miguel Cabrera

SS Jimmy Rollins

OF Brad Hawpe

OF Hideki Matsui

OF Jeff Francoeur

UTIL Kosuke Fukudome

Bench:

1B-3B Kevin Youkilis

1B Carlos Delgado

C Jason Varitek

OF Coco Crisp

SP Javier Vazquez

SP Rich Hill

RP Chad Cordero

RP Kevin Gregg

P Andy Pettite

P Jeff Francis

P Jeremy Accardo

Bench

SP Matt Garza

I think it looks solid on paper. I have 3 guys with 30+ saves (Cordero, Gregg, Accardo), two guys with a lot of strikeouts (Vazquez, Hill) and a solid batting order. I guess SB is a problem for me.

This is my second team:

C Joe Mauer

1B Ryan Howard

2B Dan Uggla

3B Garret Atkins

SS Derek Jeter

OF Curtis Granderson

OF Brad Hawpe

OF Jeff Francoeur

UTIL J.J. Hardy

Bench

OF Willy Taveras

OF Rick Ankiel

1B-3B-OF Casey Blake

3B Eric Chavez

SP Justin Verlander

SP Fausto Carmona

RP Huston Street

RP Kevin Gregg

P Todd Jones

P Andy Pettite

P Barry Zito

Bench

SP Hiroki Kuroda

What do you think?

Let me see if I can explain the scoring to you. Basically each league has 12 teams(at least that's what I have noticed in my two years playing) and you get points for Batting Average, Home Runs, Runs Scored, RBI, Stolen Bases, Wins, Strikeouts, Saves, ERA and WHIP.

The max amount of points per category is 12: That means that if you are in 1st place in one category, you get 12 points, second place gets 11, third place gets 10 and so on. The sum of all the points from all the categories gives you a total score and that's what determines your placement in the league, at least under Routissiere scoring rules.

If you go somewhere like Yahoo, you get two options of play. Rotisierre or something like that(cant be bothered with spelling) is the way I described above, while Match-up(or something like it) is like in Fantasy Football, where you get to play other teams on a weekly basis.

I have a team on Yahoo, but I'm willing to get a second if we get an EWB league going.

Here's my current roster - players I actually picked will have a * after their name:

C Russell Martin

1B Todd Helton *

2B Placido Polanco

3B Alex Gordon

SS Edgar Renteria *

OF Ichiro Suzuki *

OF Ken Griffey Jr *

OF Jermaine Dye

Util Kosuke Fukudome (OF)

Bench Carlos Delgado (1B)

Bench Bill Hall (OF)

Bench Aaron Hill (2B)

Bench Moises Alou (OF) * (I dumped Colby Rasmus and picked him up)

SP Jake Peavy *

SP Justin Verlander *

RP Takashi Saito *

RP Eric Gagne

P Rich Hill

P Adam Wainwright

P Heath Bell

Bench Tom Glavine * (I dumped Curt "isn't going to be doing shit until the All-Star break most likely" Schilling and picked him up - a change that hurt, because even though I didn't actually pick him and it was luck of the draw, Schilling is one of my favorite pitchers. He *would* have been one of my picks if he wasn't injured.)

I am definitely going to be changing my pitching rotation, replacing Heath Bell, but I can't decide whether to switch Glavine and Gagne and hope Gagne is better than he was last year or just go ahead and dump Gagne for someone else. And I'm debating benching Dye in favor of Moises Alou. Dye drove in more runs and had more than twice as many homers as Alou, but Alou had a lot better batting average (and 1 more stolen base, but that's negligible). I may dump Bill Hall for someone else at a different position (2 extra OFs is enough), but he's the only position player I'm even considering dumping. (Although, Athlon is predicting Fukudome will be NL Rookie of the Year, and that could be the kiss of death right there......)

Okay, I'm going to ask and hope I get decent advice: Which player would you replace Bill Hall on your roster with:

Nomar or David Eckstein?

Edited by GhostMachine

I have a team on Yahoo, but I'm willing to get a second if we get an EWB league going.

Here's my current roster - players I actually picked will have a * after their name:

C Russell Martin

1B Todd Helton *

2B Placido Polanco

3B Alex Gordon

SS Edgar Renteria *

OF Ichiro Suzuki *

OF Ken Griffey Jr *

OF Jermaine Dye

Util Kosuke Fukudome (OF)

Bench Carlos Delgado (1B)

Bench Bill Hall (OF)

Bench Aaron Hill (2B)

Bench Moises Alou (OF) * (I dumped Colby Rasmus and picked him up)

SP Jake Peavy *

SP Justin Verlander *

RP Takashi Saito *

RP Eric Gagne

P Rich Hill

P Adam Wainwright

P Heath Bell

Bench Tom Glavine * (I dumped Curt "isn't going to be doing shit until the All-Star break most likely" Schilling and picked him up - a change that hurt, because even though I didn't actually pick him and it was luck of the draw, Schilling is one of my favorite pitchers. He *would* have been one of my picks if he wasn't injured.)

I am definitely going to be changing my pitching rotation, replacing Heath Bell, but I can't decide whether to switch Glavine and Gagne and hope Gagne is better than he was last year or just go ahead and dump Gagne for someone else. And I'm debating benching Dye in favor of Moises Alou. Dye drove in more runs and had more than twice as many homers as Alou, but Alou had a lot better batting average (and 1 more stolen base, but that's negligible). I may dump Bill Hall for someone else at a different position (2 extra OFs is enough), but he's the only position player I'm even considering dumping. (Although, Athlon is predicting Fukudome will be NL Rookie of the Year, and that could be the kiss of death right there......)

Okay, I'm going to ask and hope I get decent advice: Which player would you replace Bill Hall on your roster with:

Nomar or David Eckstein?