When a Bad Album Isn't a Bad Album

Benji

I'd love another 'Shambles album. What Pete's doing at the minute really seems to be working, Barat, not so much...I don't want to risk another 'tines album incase it was bad. :( I'm sure it wont be, but Dirty Pretty Things are pretty fucking sucky, IMO. Even just a reunion tour would be amazing...although shit will sell out so quickly. Whilst Babyshambles are far from big enough to pull off an arena tour like he tried, I reckon 'tines could definately pull it off.

Edited by YI

I'd love another 'Shambles album. What Pete's doing at the minute really seems to be working, Barat, not so much...I don't want to risk another 'tines album incase it was bad. :( I'm sure it wont be, but Dirty Pretty Things are pretty fucking sucky, IMO. Even just a reunion tour would be amazing...although shit will sell out so quickly. Whilst Babyshambles are far from big enough to pull off an arena tour like he tried, I reckon 'tines could definately pull it off.

Again I'm quite the opposite. Pete's recently started to write good songs again, but it feels to me as though his best has come and gone, my favourite Babyshambles songs are largely still The Libertines era ones. I prefer DPTs hands down (although I don't go in for the whole "pick a side, Pete or Carl, and like one or the other"), though I do find I'm in a minority there. Lyrically nobody would deny that Carl was never as strong as Pete, but he's making good progress and musically I enjoy the DPT album more, especially Carl's love of "pirate-y" tunes. The new album actually has a few tracks that are more early-Libertines sounding, along the lines of things like Anything But Love and the 'softer' songs they wrote.

I think somewhere down the line there will be another Pete and Carl album, remains to be seen whether or not Pete has completely burned the bridges with Gary and John though. It wouldn't be The Libertines without them thrown in too. Looking forward to Reading with both bands booked to appear.

"Crimson" by Alkaline Trio

Such a good CD from start to finish. A different sound, yes, but it wasn't a disappointment, and I'd bet that half of the people who hated the cd, fell in love with it after a few listens.

I absolutely hate Avenged Sevenfold! The change of style has nothing to do with it, the songs just come off annoying, they get stuck in your head, but not in a good way.

Somebody mentioned korn.....I haven't bought the last 3 korn cds. I use to love them but their sound took a bad turn. Every single I hear sounds like crap! So, my question to everybody here is, Are the non-single songs better than the singles being chosen?