Zombie City Tactics

Docpepper

has anyone played this game

here's the link

its strategy game where you play as the humans against zombies. its turn based. I'm in the process of downloading will edit with my opinion

So i just got my ass handed to me

There's 3 different human units

Militia

Soldier

Slayer

each have different abilities(described in the readme)

The zombies have several different units some can be killed with one shot others take more hits and theres a zombie generator usually somewhere on the stage that constantly produces zombies unless you attack it.

There's 100 levels with 10 levels being unlocked from the beginning

I've got to get used to the controls but its ok for a freeware game. in his blog he states he's going commerical. overall its good to waste some time with

Edited by Docpepper

yeah lol I've been on a zombie game kick lately and have found

Cottage of Doom

takes an old school gaming approach by offering pixel sprite graphics and a simple, arcade like challenge of seeing how long you can stay alive and getting the high score. You're stuck in a cottage that's quickly being surrounded by zombies, you've got a shotgun and some furniture with which to barricade the doors and that's about it!(the control scheme took some getting used to)

My highest score is 51,000 I ended up barricading myself up in a room then barricades fell and had no where to escape to or items to rebarricade lol i went out like a madman though unleashing hell with my shotty lol

Omar's Oyster Outing(2D and 3D isometric(beta) versions)

2d version 3D Isometric Beta

Homepage

I really like this game(from what I've played. I'm currently playing the 3d isometric beta and its really fun really no textures to speak of but the simple graphics work for me . You play as Omar who is trapped in a city filled with the undead . you must control omar and find the last helicopter that(supposedly random) spawns somewhere on the map. To survive you will have to break into buildings loot it, take the items and use them to your advantage. You can train at gyms , shooting ranges and etc to get your stats up.

There's several different weapons to choose from and different type of health. If you get bitten by a zombie you will have to find a vaccine fast. if you get the vaccine before the infection spreads to far you will get rid of it. If you wait too long the vaccine will dampen the effects of the infection. Different medications can cause side effects for Omar as well. If you take a stimulant , he becomes hungry and his hands will start shaking making it hard to aim. Another nice feature is if Omar becomes terrified he will panic and start spazzing out,when this happens , you cannot control his movements(he'll run around crazy) you can however still shoot and hopefully rid of the zombies so he can calm down. I'll be downloading the 2d version soon and trying it out , but if the author continues work on the 3d isometric version it will be a great game.