PS3 Bundles

Liam

I've decided to take the plunge and get a PS3. Now, as I am poor, I haven't got the money to buy it outright, but for once, Curry's have got thier heads out of thier arses and come up with a good deal, where you pay for it over 10 months with only the intial deposit of 10% over the original asking price.

The bundle I was eyeing up included Condemned 2, PES 2008 and GT5 Prologue (I'll be picking up GTA IV seperately, I think).....but yeah, are those 3 games any good?

There wasn't much choice on the bundles, so this is the the only one I fancied......just wanna know about the games.

Edited by rvdwannabe

I've not played any of the games, but hear Condemned 2 is a pretty decent if you like darker games like Manhunt, PES2008 is apparantly quite bad on all formats expect Wii and GT5 Prologue is very good if you like your serious racers, even although it's not a full game and budget priced. But obviously if anyone's played the games, that would give a better assessment. :P

This the bundle here?

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_...amp;sku=269404#

Yeah, thats the one. To be honest, there are other games I'd prefer then all of them, but I already asked about swapping equivalent value stuff across, but they said no. I would have got it yesterday, but they are out of stock till Wednesday/Thursday.

Is a Sixaxis control wireless?

Edited by rvdwannabe

Most games have sixaxis control in at least one way or another no matter how small. Very few really use it for much though.

There's Lair obviously, Motorstorm allows it with the bikes if I'm not mistaken, Warhawk can be used to great effect with it but I prefer not to, Godfather actually is a bit interesting with it. Most other stuff I can think of is just little touches (tossing grenades in Uncharted, shaking enemies off in Resistance, etc.)

[Edit:] And as for the games... I don't know much at all about PES, Condemned is a fairly typical melee concentrated FPS with a dark atmosphere and some kooky (ie. retarded) twists in it, while GT5 Prologue is nothing but a glorified overpriced demo. The real game will be out within a year anyways.

Edited by Vilge Duin

GT5 Prologue is beautiful, entertaining, but of course (as it's a prologue) isn't anywhere near the full game.

Condemned 2 is undoubtably good, just didn't catch me (I'm not a big fan of horror genre games though) but some of the concepts and controls are excellent.

Pro Evo is brilliant and horribly maligned. Still better than FIFA this season (only due to the immediacy and fluidity of the controls though) but will need to improve next season to stay ahead.

The online is horrible though.

Not a bad deal if you're paying it off over months. You'l enjoy the console. (Y)