Songs I should listen too?

Guest Sean O'Haire

I recently have started to REALLY like classic rock, here's a list of songs I made a CD out of...

AC/DC-Back In Black

AC/DC-Shook Me All Night Long

AC/DC-Thunderstruck

Billy Joel-Piano Man

Black Sabbath-Crazy Train

Black Sabbath-Supernaut

Black Sabbath-Sweet Leaf

Def Leopard-Pour Some Sugar On Me

Def Leopard-Rock You Like A Hurricane

Dexys Midnight Runners-Come On Eileen

Eagles-Hotel California

Foghat-Slow Ride

Kansas-Dust In The Wind

Led Zepplin-Black Dog

Led Zepplin-Kashmir

Led Zepplin-Stairway To Heaven

Lynerd Skynard-Free Bird

Lynerd Skynard-Sweet Home Alabama

Queen-Bohemian Rhapsody

Ram Jam-Black Betty

Styx-Come Sail Away

Styx-Renegade

The Beatles-Hey Jude

The Who-Pinball Wizard

Tom Cochrane-Life Is A Highway

Twisted Sister-I Wanna Rock

:D

Guest bruins72

I recently have started to REALLY like classic rock, here's a list of songs I made a CD out of...

:D

Great list but only about half of that is classic rock. You've got a bunch of glam rock/hair band type stuff in there (Twisted Sister and Def Leppard) and a couple of 80's pop tunes (Dexy's and Tom Cochrane). Good songs and all, just not really classic rock.

ANYTHING from Jimi Hendrix is golden...ANYTHING I tell ya!

Thats my only suggestion since I know nothing about rock but here is some other bands that aren't anything like ACDC but band's I would recommend anyway.

Oasis- Best british band ever if you ask me which I know a lot of people will disagree with but meh, difference of opinion.

The Verve- have a few good songs although they have more bad songs.

Ocean Colour Scene- Have only really started to like them recently so can't say much about them.

Also Pink Floyd- Classic band...classic songs.

Great list but only about half of that is classic rock. You've got a bunch of glam rock/hair band type stuff in there (Twisted Sister and Def Leppard) and a couple of 80's pop tunes (Dexy's and Tom Cochrane). Good songs and all, just not really classic rock.

But maybe he considers Twisted Sister and Def Leppard to be classics? Since when did "classic rock" become a genre in itself? They're both rock bands, and if the listener considers the songs to be classics, then surely that makes them classic rock? The term is entirely subjective and I hate it being used as if it were a genre.

And Boogey, Oasis the best British band ever? I know it's only your opinion but...Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, T-Rex, The Beatles, The Smiths, The Cure...I could go on and on for hours with bands that are both musically and lyrically superior and don't have to resort to ripping off Slade, the Beatles and T-Rex for every single riff.

Edited by Skumfrog

Guest bruins72

But maybe he considers Twisted Sister and Def Leppard to be classics? Since when did "classic rock" become a genre in itself? They're both rock bands, and if the listener considers the songs to be classics, then surely that makes them classic rock? The term is entirely subjective and I hate it being used as if it were a genre.

I'd say that Classic Rock has become a "genre" over the last several years. It's definately become a radio format. If you browse the music at Amazon.com, you'll see a "Classic Rock" genre listed there. Interestingly enough, at Amazon they have Def Leppard listed with Classic Rock but not Twisted Sister.