Xbox Going Online Problem

Shorty

Not sure if this is more appropriate in this forum or the tech forum, but im trying it here, hopefully someone can help.

Okay, so I have my Xbox 360 in my room and my brother has his PS3 upstairs, plus 2 computers, all connected to the same router. Now, generally when I hop on my Xbox, I can connect to live no problem. But if my brothers playing PS3 online, then I can't connect to live at all on the xbox.

But everytime I get that problem, I just unplug/replug in my router and it works everytime. But the problem is when I do that, my brother gets disconnected from his game upstairs. But after that, we can both play online at the same time (although sometimes I'll get disconnected from live a while after.) I don't know if it's an issue with my router or not.

Is there possibly another solution that doesnt involve having to unplug/replug my router every time?

I can't help you, unforunately. But I had the same problem when I had a roommate. He had a 360 and I have a 360. We were connected to the same router and it wouldn't let us on at the same time, even though we had different gamertags. I don't know much about routers and what not, but I'm assuming it's because it was the same IP address.

I can't help you, unforunately. But I had the same problem when I had a roommate. He had a 360 and I have a 360. We were connected to the same router and it wouldn't let us on at the same time, even though we had different gamertags. I don't know much about routers and what not, but I'm assuming it's because it was the same IP address.

No, won't be that. My brother and I are both connected to the same router, him via ethernet, me via wireless adaptor and we can both get our 360s working fine at the same time and play against each other online as well.