CBS EliteXC Live Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Guest Dr. Potato Head

So for those of you who weren't aware of it, we are just over 90 minutes away from the start of possibly the biggest MMA show ever (from an importance standpoint, not quality). CBS EliteXC Saturday Night Fights. Live streaming is going on right now on CBSsportsline.com of the undercard.

The real show starts at 9 PM EST and will be available on CBS in the US and Canada, as well as SUN-TV in Canada. It'll also likely be on the usual batch of TV-rebroadcasting websites, but we don't help you find those. :)

We're going to try a live thread for this, much like the RAW and PPV threads - because it's free TV, it's safe to assume a lot more of EWB will be watching than a normal UFC PPV broadcast.

Main card:

Brett Rogers (6-0) vs. Jon Murphy (4-2)

Phil Baroni (10-9) vs. Joey Villasenor (25-6)

Gina Carano (5-0) vs. Kaitlin Young (4-1)

Robbie Lawler (15-4) vs. Scott Smith (13-4)

Kimbo Slice (2-0) vs. James Thompson (14-8)

Edited by Dr. Potato Head

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dr. Potato Head

I'm probably most interested in Lawler/Smith, just because I expect it to be an exciting fight. Then the women because I'm a 19-year-old guy, thne Kimbo for the freakshow aspect. Could take or leave the other two, really.

Guest Dr. Potato Head

That stream will keep going once CBS starts their broadcast?

And you should look up Carano/Julie Kedzie from an EliteXC last year, best female fight I've ever seen (admittedly, I've only seen two).

Good question.

This is just for the prelims, as far as I know.

I've got cable at my parent's, so I'll watch there.

In the fight that just ended, how did his arm not snap? Great heart from the wrestler.

EDIT: Frank Shamrock will be doing a show on the stream following the MAIN broadcast.

Edited by Carparama

Carano's hot, so I'm in for that bout. And I'm curious about Kimbo if only for the fact that he seems like a fucked up beast who kills undercarders but still can't do anything to the uppercard. Oh, and Gina Carano. :blush:

So did Brett Rogers entrance basically ruin all the legitimacy UFC has built up for MMA in the past 4 years?

I say it got close.

Please, UFC trying to get MMA seen as a legit sport, not someone on the same level as pro wrestling. Look at what Elite's rolled out so far and tell me they're doing anything positive for MMA.

Yeah I'll remember him for "I do work son...I does work!"

Hey look, Nitro Girls

Edited by Maxx

Yeah, first fight was all right, I just don't like how they're presenting everything. These look like WWE vignettes, there's way too much smack talk. I know it happens in UFC, but most of the time they'll acknowledge how good their opponent is. I hate the entrance ramp, and Busta Rhymes was just ridiculous, as was Rogers post fight interview.

Meh, its like the WCW of MMA so far and its fucked if Kimbo loses