2008/2009 Hockey Thread v2.0

Clawson

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is realization that has just hit me very hard.

I'll never get to relive the greatest two saves in Rick Tabaracci history.

I did find the goalie comp from 13 on youtube.

"Na-bah-kov"... "Lolongo"

Silly Grapes.

EDIT: Actually, the way Cherry pronounced Nabby's name is probably closer than how most people say it.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

What team is taking a stab at Glenn Murray now that he has been placed on waivers?

I could LA, who are well under the salary floor, picking him up just to add salary while getting another good veteran to help in the locker room.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

From today's Globe & Mail...

Harlequin, the 1970s and 1980s rock group, and Randy Bachman (Guess Who and BTO) have entries in the Hockey Night theme-song contest. Bachman submitted three.

And I been TAKIN' CARE OF HOCKEY :shifty:

Rumours have Maxim Afinogenov on the move once his arbitration settlement is handed out. Vancouver is in the mix from what I hear. Kesler is a speed demon, and adding Afinogenov would just make that team fly.

Vancouver is supposedly interested in Vermette as well.

And also, you guys who aren't living in this town are really missing out. Some of the things that are being offered to Mats Sundin are just absurd. If that guy doesn't come here and get personally pampered for the rest of his life he's a massive fool.

Vancouver is supposedly interested in Vermette as well.

And also, you guys who aren't living in this town are really missing out. Some of the things that are being offered to Mats Sundin are just absurd. If that guy doesn't come here and get personally pampered for the rest of his life he's a massive fool.

...like he doesn't live a pampered life already.

Also, Vermette has resigned to a multi-year deal with Ottawa. That does not mean a trade couldn't happen, but I am guessing the odds of it happening are much lower now.

Edited by Toe

Word this morning is six teams are showing interest in Mats Sundin. August 1st turns into "sometime in the month of August".

Honestly, I don't see him coming back here. Who ever thinks Mats still showing interest in the Leafs is anything more than an "I'm sorry, but I'm fucking out of here" is crazy. It was probably a tough decision to get over but there is a ridiculous offer waiting out West, to play in a hockey city, on a team I think he fits in very well with, and he can still keep close to his business ventures he has in Canada.

Mats, I love you, but you are a fucking moron if you don't take this offer!

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Every day that goes by is another day I feel as though he's going to go out West. I know he's said he doesn't want to go out west before. But there's Swedes and a decent team out there. I think if he came to the Habs he'd help to make them a contender, and the East is a lot easier to play in, but would you want to get the label of traitor by going down the 401?

I actually would rather he not come here, and don't think he really fits in terribly well at all. But the idea of him deciding to come to town because some Swedish dude offered him a deep tissue, full body massage fills me with glee.

As long as I'm going to killed on the 13th. Here's something to mull over. This season, Toronto and Chicago will battle it out for the title of most losses in NHL History. Since 1918 for Toronto and 1927 for Chicago, the two teams are separated by one loss as Chicago has 2427 losses and Toronto has 2426.

Other things I found interesting. Toronto and Detroit have identical total point totals at 5901.

13 teams in the league have less than .500 records in franchise history. The Blackhawks are the only original 6 franchise under .500 at .486. New York Rangers and Toronto Maple Leafs are close to .500 at .501 and .509.

Philly and Buffalo are #2 and #3 all time at .576 and .551.

Montreal and Boston are the only Original 6 teams in the top 5 at .591 and .550.

Edmonton has won the conference championship more than any team (7)

The only two teams older who have been in the league 40 years or more and not won a conference title are St. Louis and Toronto (These are since they've awarded the conference title).

Yeah sorry was fucking around on Hockey-reference.com. It's a pretty sweet site.

I can understand that from him point of view. If they won't give it to him, it's because they're likely to trade him at the deadline, because they're not likely to make the playoffs. If he decides that he doesn't want to be a piece of a contender that's in it's centennial year and would LOVE TO MAKE YOU A PART OF IT, MATS. Then he should expect not to be dumped at the deadline for extra picks and prospects.

I think the Leafs don't want to get into the same situation as last season where they were poised to receive a lot but got fucked because they gave NTC's to people like Tucker. Okay, I get it, he's a heart and soul player, but Montreal didn't give a NTC to someone like Begin our Bouillon. In any case, after they got fucked for giving them out, I don't think they're too keen on the idea.