2008/2009 Hockey Thread v2.0

Clawson

The deal is done.

Meszaros to Tampa Bay for Filip Kuba, Alexandre Picard and a first round pick. Not a bad haul for a player that wasn't going to sign with your team anyways. Kuba will be an alright 5th or 6th defenceman, and a first round pick always has value. Still, I liked Meszaros and think losing him is a blow to the Senators. Honestly, they enter this season looking weaker then they did last year.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk, I think it'll help. Obviously he's a more offensive defensmen, but he was in the league top 5 for +/- like a year ago...

On a side note, I was floating aroudn fhockey and found this:

grind your soul wrote:

I'm beginning to hate the Leafs.

You guys finally turned him straight. Or close to it.

Guest Grapehead

Well considering Meszaros wasn't even close to getting the contract he wanted from Ottawa, I like this. Murray knew he couldn't make Meszaros the highest paid defenseman, and I'm glad he was smart enough to avoid that, considering how prone Ottawa seems to locker room feuds. Filip Kuba isn't a bad return, Picard in my opinion is useless and won't offer much, and the draft pick is actually San Jose's so it's much MUCH less valuable than TB's but alas what can you do. Again, considering Meszaros wasn't going to sign, getting anything in return is clearly a win. Hope Tampa enjoys an overrated young defenseman, and here's hoping GM's stop paying for potential and skewing contract structures for young players.

Edited by Grapehead

Guest Grapehead

So I'm playing EHM05, and I have Erik Johnson play a season in the minors, when I brought everyone back to the main roster during the summer his stats were all in white(except for a few)... uh, what does white mean? I'm scared that I've lost my best defensive prospect :S

Guest Grapehead

Well like when I click on him to see his Profile, his physical stats are "okay", his mental stats about half of them are in white, and 90% of his technical stats are in white... I'm assuming he is broken, but any idea why this would happen after a season in the minors? Does it have anything to do with the fact I have every league turned off except the CHL? Oh well he wasn't projected very well anyways.

P.S. - To my knowledge there is EHM, NHL: EHM, EHM 05, and then EHM 07... the logo for this game is a puck with EHM05 on it so I assume that's the name

I have a game going in EHM 2005 I haven't touched in awhile. Let's load it up, my first line is EPIC, and my goalie? Unstopable. I totally want 2007 now though....but I am getting a credit card soon, so, I might be able too.

*game loads*

On the left wing, Alexander Semin, Crosby in the Center, and Alexander the great on the right wing. My goalie is Marek Baltak, first round (5th overall) in the 2009 draft, spent a few years in the minors, but when I brought him up, he kicked ass. Two years with the Leafs, first year, 53 wins in 75 games. The next, 54 wins in 72 games, and both years, won the cup.

Guest Grapehead

Well after playing the Minnesota Wild for a few years I have 3 stanley cup championships in 6 years. Besides my first year, I have either won the cup or lost to the Stanley Cup Champion(once in the cup finals, once in the conference finals) so we've been dominant. I opened up the game signing free agents like mad, we dwindled around the middle and ended up losing in the first round. I traded almost everything I owned to draft Sidney Crosby. Year two and three we won the cup, and so my player budget has been rapidly increasing, currently at 84mil. I spent two seasons at the top but not quite making the final push for the cup and falling short. I signed Joe Thornton and Chris Pronger just before the 5th season, making my top six players Crosby, Thornton, Kovalchuk(Trade), Kariya(FA), Heatley(FA), Gaborik and my top four at defense was Niedermayer(FA), Gonchar(FA), Pronger(FA), Derek Morris(Trade) and Kiprusoff(FA) in goal. I've got Tavares, Mueller, Kane, Johnson, Alex Grant(not sure if he's as well projected in real life, I doubt though), Varlamov, Frolik, Hamill, and O'Sullivan in my prospect charts. After two seasons coming short I traded Joe Thornton for the draft, as well as Kariya, Gaborik, and Kiprusoff. Felt it was time to give some "prospects" a shot to lead the secondary scoring on the team, plus Josh Harding was begging for a shot at more ice time, so I traded Kiprusoff for Vesa Toskala(someone I felt would share more games with Harding). We finished 5th in the conference but with a late season signing of Brendan Morrison(Tavares wasn't quite what I wanted for second line and he was returned to juniors for one last season) my second line was clicking and we ended up winning the cup in dramatic fashion. Down 3-0 in the finals, I put Varlamov in for what i thought was the last game, switched Frolik to first and Heatley to second line to space out my scoring depth and we won 4 straight. Now I'm in the offseason, and haven't made too many moves. I currently have 40 players and prospects all gearing up for camp in an effort to make one of 23 roster spots or 12 AHL spots, should be very interesting.