2008/2009 Hockey Thread v2.0

Clawson

If the alternative was coming back to the Leafs, I'm glad Mats sold out.
The way Vancouver is going looks like Mats might have to consider being a rental for a rental come the Trade Deadline.

Watch him refuse to waive his no-trade clause and tell everyone he'd always dreamed of retiring a Canuck. :\

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toskala let in two stinkers. When Raycroft was our starter, every single shot had me nervous. It is now the same with Toskala.

Anyways...Toronto managed to get the win. It was really awesome to see them win this game.

How awesome was Schenn's moves on Stajan's goals?

Seriously, I remember the tailend of Gilmour/Clark and I honestly haven't felt this excited about a player in my entire Leafs career.

That was a good move on net by Schenn.

Jason Blake has officially moved off of my "hate" list. He has worked so hard this season, and he looks like a surefire bet for at least 20 goals.

Blake is just amazing now. I don't know what the fuck happened but I think that its because he finally has dealt with all his emotional stuff, which we all have to admit takes precedence over hockey at this point in time for him.

He has moved away from trying to be a sniper and pure goal scorer. His goal tonight was a great example. He just went to the net and was in the right spot at the right time. He has moved away from being the puck hog and now plays a better two way game.

I'll echo the Blake love. Everything that needs to be said about his turn around this season, has above me.

Luke Schenn. It almost seems to good to be true what's going on with this kid. Not only playing in the league at 19, but playing effectively, doing serious work in the corners and along the boards, fighting at the right times, throwing big hits on big stars, and his doing it all with the confidence of a seasoned vet. I think I've said that like three or four times word for word in this thread already. Whatever, Luke Schenn is exactly what the Maple Leafs need at the this time. A legit young star who is not only showing he could captain this team one day, he is playing brand of hockey that is going help make the philosophy shift of the team as smooth as it possible can. Burke and Ron have wet dreams about Schenn at least twice a week. Last night for sure.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Hate the Leafs, but Love Gilmour. Toronto finally got one of these celebrations right.

Gauthier leaves his feet, and delivers an elbow to Gorges' head. Dirty as shit. It's too bad Laraque has been worthless this season and wasn't in the line up or else there would have been a heavyweight throwdown.

Interesting article on the National Post website about Kaberle, and Schenn.

National Post Article

For those too lazy to click...here's the rundown:

Burkie says he doesn't particularly want to trade Kaberle due to his skill, and size. He will however move him at the deadline if he gets a blockbuster deal akin to the proposed Carter deal last year.

Says he's been offered a top five pick for Luke Schenn. Won't move him because he'd "have to be crazy."

---

Honestly, and I think it's been said here before, I can see Kubina getting moved instead of Kaberle. He's not worth as much on the trade market as Kabs, but he's costing us a lot more and is IMO less skilled. As annoyed as I've been with Kaberle this season I like to think he has a future here.

Good on Burke for not trading Schenn. Lately he's been really shining and I would hate to seem him traded, even if it got us a second top ten pick this year.