2008/2009 Hockey Thread v2.0

Clawson

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that Brian Burke may be leaning more towards keeping Tomas Kaberle, rather than trading him. His exact words being:

"I like this guy. Bet on him staying."

Now everywhere I go all I hear is "LIES! LIES! HE'S LYING! RAISING KABERLE'S VALUE! SELL! SELL!" Which is pretty well the norm on the 'net lately.

Is it really so bad to keep a top defense man who's only 30-31 years old? Do we really need to trade everything and the kitchen sink? Sometimes it seems like some Leafs fans just want change for the sake of change. I know we need to rebuild, but do we honestly have to completely strip the entire team just to do it?

Seems that Brian Burke may be leaning more towards keeping Tomas Kaberle, rather than trading him. His exact words being:

"I like this guy. Bet on him staying."

Now everywhere I go all I hear is "LIES! LIES! HE'S LYING! RAISING KABERLE'S VALUE! SELL! SELL!" Which is pretty well the norm on the 'net lately.

Is it really so bad to keep a top defense man who's only 30-31 years old? Do we really need to trade everything and the kitchen sink? Sometimes it seems like some Leafs fans just want change for the sake of change. I know we need to rebuild, but do we honestly have to completely strip the entire team just to do it?

I just think Kaberle could get us the best return. If Burke does not get that "blow me away" deal, then he should keep Kaberle.

Pogge really wasn't that bad. He let in a couple soft ones, but most of those goals came because the team in front of him either completely gave up on a play, or just completely fucked it up.

He's definitely not ready to be the number one guy on this team, but he's not nearly as bad as he's being made out to be. The Leafs either need to get themselves a superstar goalie...or they need to be easier on their netminders, because unless you're a superstar, when your team makes that many mistakes in front of the net on a daily basis, a few of them are going to go in.

I didn't get to see it, but they've just beaten the Habs and the Flames and the Laffs are next, so I feel some bragging rights are due.

Calgary/Vancouver was an exciting game tonight.

If Luongo hadn't have bailed them out though, it would have been a 4-1 game halfway through. The last half of the game was extremely even, and tonight was really a showcase of the top two goaltenders in the Western Conference.

The sixth and final game this season between the two teams is going to be extremely rough. Edler ran Langkow and didn't get penalized, and nobody took bloody vengeance tonight because we were trying to hold on to the lead. Next game though, motherfucker's gonna get his head kicked in.

My prediction is that Vancouver gets a maximum of 3 points on their eastward trek. Toronto is a tough team to play against, regardless of the outcomes of their games. Ottawa is hot right now, and I fully expect them to continue to be that way for a couple more weeks. Montreal is due to break out of this slump of theirs, and I expect it to happen sooner than later, with plenty of the guys potentially fearing for their spots on the team, what with the demotions, send-offs and the trade deadline looming.