2008/2009 Hockey Thread v2.0

Clawson

As a bitter Blackhawks fan, I hope you are right. I have been so sick of the Detroit Red Wings, well pretty much since they started winning titles again in 97. I would LOVE to see a sweep of Detroit, as unlikely as that is, as I agree that Detroit will snatch away at least a game or two from the 'Pens.

Crosby, I usually don't like you, and unfortunately, you steal too much of the limelight away from Malkin, but please, do your thing in this series.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand crosby and I'm hoping the wings take it in 4.. That's obviously not going to happen, but I'll settle for 6.

I've always been a fan of the wings, but truth be told, I'm a little scared...the penguins have been on a roll and I can really see them taking the series.

I think the wings win it again. This time they it will be in 5 games. The Penguins haven't played a defensive team like the Wings this playoffs and the Wings have 4 lines that can score. None of the other teams they played had more than 2. Good Luck Penguins but you will lose again. I don't want to see Crosby with the Cup ever.

The Detroit Red Wings are a remarkably skilled team.

They're also very crafty and sneaky little sons of bitches. Twice now, they've eluded very blatantly obvious penalty calls and scored a tide-turning goal to clinch the game.

Very exciting games so far... the Penguins definitely did not deserve to lose those two games, but I expect them to bounce back at the Igloo. I think they'll be fine.

Malkin going after Hank like that though... glorious.

When you say "glorious", I hope you meant "Scum".

Talbot takes a whack at Osgood, Zetterberg tries to shove him away from the goalie, and Malkin blindsides Zetterberg like that? Cheap bastard, as classless as Crosby it seems.

Mario must be looking at those two thinking "I remember the days when skill players wouldn't be allowed to get away with that kind of shit"

When you say "glorious", I hope you meant "Scum".

Talbot takes a whack at Osgood, Zetterberg tries to shove him away from the goalie, and Malkin blindsides Zetterberg like that? Cheap bastard, as classless as Crosby it seems.

Mario must be looking at those two thinking "I remember the days when skill players wouldn't be allowed to get away with that kind of shit"

I've seen Zetterberg, Franzen and Datsyuk all throw some pretty stiff shots in front of the net during games before, and get away with it. The only real difference is that it led to a fight this time. I can't even count the number of times I've seen Zetterberg deck someone with a straight right to the face, get one back and then look around and start demanding penalties.

You dish it, you'd better expect to take it back. If it was Nick Lidstrom that someone went after, I would be singing a completely different tune, because he doesn't put out shit like that, and shouldn't have to put up with it in return. Hank Zetterberg though? I have absolutely no problem with anyone doing what Malkin did. The fact that it was Malkin though, makes it even better, because it's a star player, going after a guy who's been getting away with an awful lot, and sending a message to his team.

I found Osgood's flop after Talbot poked him to be a tad bit embellished. I'm not saying he dove or anything, but I hear he's in stable condition after giving himself whiplash.

Dammit these first two games really pissed me off. The Pens have played well. Their biggest sin has been not capitalizing on the Wings' mistakes and yet they cannot seem to get a bounce to go their way.

Hopefully Malkin's fight wakes the team up.

Edited by Evil Chase K

Pittsburgh look lost. They get the zone, get a single chance, and then Detroit is all over the puck and already on a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2. Zetterberg is a colossus and Detroit has deserved both wins quite decisively. Crosby and Malkin need a veteran on that team to show them class, pride and sportsmanship... They look pike whiney 12 year olds on the ice.

Jacques Martin is the Habs new head coach. I'm pleased.

Both teams have had a lot of missed chances, and perhaps if some of the missed penalties were called, the score could've been different. I think both teams are getting away with a little too much. I'll agree that sometimes the wings can be sneaky, interference bumps, holding, ect. but the penguins have been just as bad in this series. Hossa tried to break through 2 people and would've had a breakaway if he didn't get held and interfered with. The penguins have been doing a lot of that right by the blue line in their zone.

Penguins could've easily scored a 2-3 more goals in game 2... I feel the same way about the wings. They had chances to put more than 3 in the back of the net. It really is a back and forth game that could go either way. The series isn't over.

Note to crosby: Stop crying, stop being a dick, and stop slashing people who don't have the puck just because you're pissed off and can't catch the guy with the puck. Grow the fuck up and realize you're playing for the stanley cup. The series isn't over and you've got time to bring your team back.

Jacques Martin is the Habs new head coach. I'm pleased.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Poor Montreal.

You know who would have been a better choice? How bout Michel Therrien? Or Alain Vigneault? Or Claude Julien? You know, a coach with a defensive mindset and the ability to at least bring out some skill in his players?

I mean, sure Martin is a solid coach, as he has been in Ottawa and (somewhat) Florida. But we are talking about the same style of coach all the way down the list. The most exciting coach the Canadiens have had since Scotty Bowman is Pat Burns. And maybe he didn't win a Cup, unlike the guy he replaced and the guy that replaced him, Jean Perron and Jacques Demers. But the team had some flash, he had the second best winning percentage and coached the most playoff games post-Bowman.

So I'm suggesting within two years, Martin and Gainey are gone.

I hate this whole "White Out" thing the Pens are doing. Why? Look at it. The Penguins are wearing black. All the fans are wearing white. The Red Wings are wearing white. It looks like the crowd is supporting the Red Wings!

I think Pittsburgh has being doing that for quite a few years now though, probably dating back to when teams wore white at home and I'm pretty sure that wasn't that long ago.

Yeah they used to wear white at home in the 90s and that's when they started the white outs.

Besides, if they go with a black out it'll look like there's no one in the arena.