Madden '09

Cactus Drags

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in now. Will be on tomorrow and maybe here in a little bit

Did you have to take my team & record or were you able to just start fresh? And if starting fresh, did other people lose their records of games against me? Would have been good for Dragsy if that's the case, he'd have wiped two losses off his record >_>

I'm 0-4 playing online, but I'm sick and tired of 20-yard drop backs. There seems little I can do about it with regards to getting to the QB and tackling them, and they usually are left with 1 or 2 players free far up the pitch.

With my 3rd game, I actually should have won, as I was 14-14 with possession, with only 2 minutes or so to go. But, typically, I threw an interception when I was on thier 40 yard line, or somewhere like that, and they went up the other end and scored a touchdown.

I got to pick my team and my record is 0-0. Dragsy is 2-6, so you tell me.

His losses to me still count then. Which is a bit odd, because if you still have to play everyone else three times and they still have to play you three times then you're going to have less games on your final record which gives you a smaller chance of making the playoffs, presumably.

I'm 0-4 playing online, but I'm sick and tired of 20-yard drop backs. There seems little I can do about it with regards to getting to the QB and tackling them, and they usually are left with 1 or 2 players free far up the pitch.

With my 3rd game, I actually should have won, as I was 14-14 with possession, with only 2 minutes or so to go. But, typically, I threw an interception when I was on thier 40 yard line, or somewhere like that, and they went up the other end and scored a touchdown.

Were you up against 3rd & long or something? Better off just running the ball in that situation unless you need the conversion and are too far out of field goal range. Fortunately with Nick Folk kicking I only need to make it to about the 38 yard line for a field goal unless the wind is heavily against me (H)

I got to pick my team and my record is 0-0. Dragsy is 2-6, so you tell me.

His losses to me still count then. Which is a bit odd, because if you still have to play everyone else three times and they still have to play you three times then you're going to have less games on your final record which gives you a smaller chance of making the playoffs, presumably.

Were you up against 3rd & long or something? Better off just running the ball in that situation unless you need the conversion and are too far out of field goal range. Fortunately with Nick Folk kicking I only need to make it to about the 38 yard line for a field goal unless the wind is heavily against me (H)

actually my loss against you is gone and so is everyone elses games against you so it's back to normal just with a new fresh team in.

Oh right, Dragsy must have lost more games than I'd realised then >_>

Also, why have EA not learned from the freezing issues that plagued the last gane? They're nowhere near as bad on this but they're still there and they shouldn't be at all really. I had a huge TD pass to T.O. called back for holding, then a couple of plays later I had another huge TD pass to T.O. that actually counted and then the game froze on the next drive. I guess it's my fault, though, I tried to play three games without restarting my console.

Edited by AD

Try the 'contain' plays, they usually keep the QB in the middle of the field, and I find if the guys ont he edge don't pick him up, eventually the tackles will bust through the pocket.

Oh right, Dragsy must have lost more games than I'd realised then >_>

Also, why have EA not learned from the freezing issues that plagued the last gane? They're nowhere near as bad on this but they're still there and they shouldn't be at all really. I had a huge TD pass to T.O. called back for holding, then a couple of plays later I had another huge TD pass to T.O. that actually counted and then the game froze on the next drive. I guess it's my fault, though, I tried to play three games without restarting my console.

Because it's EA, duh. They could have released '08 with a stickman drawing of Favre taped to the box and the legions of fucktard yanks would've bought it <_<

Note, I'm not insulting all you fine American posters, but there's something up when Madden's scoring like 8.8/10 and no mention of the blatant issues it has.

Edited by Dragsy

Well, I finally played my first online game. Pretty close all game. Minor lag, mostly noticeable on kicks. Lost when they punted the ball to me, I called for the fair catch (he waved his hands) but didn't recognize it, got hit, fumbled and he returned it. Ended up losing by 3.