FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd as I've done one but it didn't seem to acknowledge I had. Will have to try again now and see if it works. The card one is impossible for me :rolleyes:

It's alright Baddar.

Man it was hectic. Took us 2 hours and lots of searching and explaining and recruiting but we got 20 people together and a match played. But someone lost connection so we didn't get the silver trophy!

We won 5-0 first time round and 2-0 second time round. I have to say the EWB'ers made a really good account of themselves. burnsy08 (Mr. Impact) had a good few chances early on to score. TCO (Nalareg) was epic in defence and also earned his Provider trophy with an assist. J-Maestro (Kirk) played well on the wing second game I noticed. Personally I got 2 goals in the first game including the opener and made some important clearing headers.

Well chuffed with that. Well played lads.

I think this trophy will be just out of our grasp unfortunately. Took a bloody long time just to get the 10 vs 10 game to start with.

Yeah I got it in the second match. Not all the players were the same from the first one though.

Now I need to go into hiding after organising this one. I have about 30 friend requests and hundreds of unread PSN messages. Damn.

I didn't get the trophy, but I wasn't bothered. I was more angry with the idiot on my team, who ran into me when I was in on goal and got given offside as a result. It was great fun though. I had to defend alot though, because my fellow midfielders kept bombing on.

Was there much lag?

In the 1 (yes, one) 10v10 match I've played since having FIFA 09 (release day purchase...) the lag was pretty bad, and people kept dropping out of the game. I think we played with the same bunch of people 2 or 3 times (not 10v10 though), with me getting sent off in each, because of lag. :shifty:

I had a go at the Ultimate Team thing today and I think I'll buy the full game, it's a very entertaining add-on and I can see it keeping my interest for a while as I build my team up. Though my team was pretty bad from the first pack of cards I got, the only player who I knew was McIndoe from Bristol City and except for one goalkeeper, my subs and reserves were all defenders.

Care to explain in laymans terms how it works AD? Do you have to buy packs of cards like you would in a real life card game?

Yeah that 10v10 was superb. Sure it took 2 hours to set up but only because we HAD to have 10v10 rather than 10 against whatever but it was so worth it. It's especially awesome when you know the guys on your team (like me, Nalareg, J-Maestro, burnsy08). We should re-do an EWB-only team and play every week.

I'd definately be up for that. Bit annoyed really with the trophy recognition. What I mean is that after the 5th sucessful crossfield pass it finaly gave me that trophy. Then I got the corner one but this is how it happened. I played it in and the player headed it but it was parried by the keeper. My player managed to get into position and hit the ball on the volley and score the goal but only the corner goal was recognised and not the volleyed goal. I was surprised I scored it tbh as I thought the defender I was jostling with would get to it first. I also have been wondering why implement the trophies now and not from the begining?

Care to explain in laymans terms how it works AD? Do you have to buy packs of cards like you would in a real life card game?

The idea is that you can buy packs with points you earned from playing the game or buy them for real monney (25c, 60c or 99cent i belive) if you do not have the time to earn the points (wich of cause lead to a whole bunch of 5 star teams running around on day one from what i have heared)

Someone toled me it can end up bad with buying cards from ingame points if you are not a good player (since contracts run out) but i don´t know if there is something like a "reboot" of your team if you go "point bankrub".

It's basically a trading card game but you get to play the matches. In each pack of cards you get players, sometimes coaches, stadiums, logos, kits and tactical bonuses (like being able to boost a player's speed for the next 10 minutes or making the referee strict for the next half hour and you can play these during the matches). You can only use a certain logo or kit or stadium for your team if you have that card. For example in my starter pack I had the Kilmarnock kit, some Belgian team's logo and Town Ground or whatever it is as my stadium.

As you'd expect the first cards you get aren't great, my team is 1 star rated with the only player I recognise being McIndoe from Bristol City. Oh and Adam Dawson because you can create your own captain :P

Anyway you can change your formation and tactics just like a normal team but you get chemistry boosts for playing players' favourite formations or playing more players of the same nationality. For example I had a midfield of four Brits earlier and it gave me a nice chemistry boost.

You can play games online or offline and you get coins as reward. Obviously more coins for playing on a harder difficulty and against better teams and the like. These coins you use to buy more packs and you can improve your team like that. However, some things you can only have one of at a time like stadiums so you must choose whether to keep your current stadium or take the new one. The card you don't use can be sold for more coins, put on a trade pile to trade with other people online or you can pop it in your collection, which is basically one big book of cards like a sticker collection with the catch being once it goes in your collection book you can't use it again.

It's more in-depth than I thought it would be, I'm looking forward to trying out the trading system online and if you keep coming up against 5-star teams online while you're only just beginning you can always play offline. I had a decent game against Kaiser Chiefs earlier, lost 1-0 but got enough coins to buy another pack of cards because I played on legendary difficulty and against a better team.

After a day of playing my Ultimate Team is rapidly improving up to 3 stars already. :)

I'd be up for a EWB team, seems most of the decent players on our team were from EWB too. A couple of the players on our team was rotten. Did anyone notice the other teams striker Aaron 9_5 or something constantly offside?

EDIT: Got my first Gold pack and got Julio Baptista :D

Edited by Captain Kirk

That actually sounds quite good heh. I hated the sound of it at first. I like that you can earn points to buy stuff rather than shelling out cash all the time.

If you guys are up for a team I'll create a new EWB one and maybe we can play some matches sometime. The offside thing got me frustrated too, I've played enough BAP to know how to stay onside thankfully, how I got my bundled first goal heh.