Your Big Gay Face 4

YI

http://rapidshare.com/files/149821338/GAYLIST.rar.html

harry-1.jpg

l_f6e3de1d5a88fd0382cb4a9eb522f1cf.jpg

1. "D.I.L.E.M.M.A" by Grammatics

Great indie-prog from Leeds. Sounds like Guillemots/Mew/Muse and the like.

2. "Cardboard City" by Working Class Heroes

We may have lost All The Above, but there's another UK based, female fronted, cheesy pop-punk band to take over. Cue, Working Class Heroes. Catchy tune, nothing more, nothing less. I like it.

3. "I Am Azerrad" by Tubelord

Another awesome UK band. Another one with the kind of indie-prog vibe. Very popular within the punk-rock scene. Really catchy track. I love the ending.

4. "For Better, For Worse" by Sportsday Megaphone

I love the 'band' name. Basically think one of the better Crystal Castles numbers, but with shouty male vocals. Killer track. When the riff kicks in, it's godly.

5. "I Will Forget You" by Rediscover

HOLY VOCODER BATMAN! Hellogoodbye styled cheese. It's bordering on awful...but...that's part of why it's good, haha.

6. "You're Not Salinger, Get Over It" by The Wonder Years

CHOOOON!! This kind of melodic hardcore/pop punk (Four Year Strong, Me Vs Hero, Fight Fair etc.) is still not getting old. An absolutely fucking amazing tune. The moment the riff kicks in, you know it's going to rock.

7. "Pink Sabbath" by dananananakroyd

Like Los Campesinos! but with less women. Brilliant tune, catchy and erratic. I love the bit with the vocals and the riff going on underneath it, you'll know when you hear it.

8. "Lost It From The Start" by Polar Bear Summer

Taking it down a notch with a downtempo acoustic number. Beautiful voice this guy has.

9. "Don't Say Nice Things" by Weatherbox

FUCK YEAH! New Weatherbox material, fucking awesome. Brilliant tune. Can't wait for the new album next year......LOOK AT HIS FUCKING WEATHERBOX VEST!

10. "Everywhere And All The Time" by Crime In Stereo

A b-side from their new 'compilation' of unreleased material, and honestly, I think it's one of the best songs they've ever done. Much like their recent material, there's a Brand New like vibe to it, but whereas I used to hate it, it works really well on this tune. Catchy riff too.

11. "Beautiful Bastards" by The Bacchae

I stopped and saw these at Leeds because the singer was fucking gorgeous. She is. But they're also an absolutely fucking incredibly, dirty, garage rock style band. Definately a band to look out for.

12. "Drinks Taste Better When They're Free" by Electrovamp

HOLY SISTERS BATMAN! I'm not sure what this is doing here. But, yeah...UK'ers, 6 months, these girls will be HUGE...actually scrub that, they'd have had a couple of club hits, nobody would care anymore and they'd have already dissapeared off the face of the earth. Another bordering on awful, but so bloody catchy. And HAVE YOU SEEN THEM!!!!

13. "Not Archaic, Not Arcane" by teamABC

One of the cutest, catchiest indie-pop tunes I've heard all year. No 'cutesy' stuff as such, the melody is just so beautiful.

14. "Oh No!" by Lost On Campus

LOC have been on the Gaylist before, but he's awesome, so it's allowed. Absolutely cracky, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly style tune. A song that makes you just want to dance. Catchy as hell, the synth riff is brilliant. Oh, and track down the video, it's a work of fucking art.

15. "This Is How I'm Gonna Live" by Asking For It

Andrew Jackson Jihad like, angry-acoustic music from Australia. I fucking love these guys. You can actually get all their stuff for free, so if you like them, check them out.

16. "Unstoppable" by The Quarry

BADASS! Thrash-punk from the UK. There's nothing else I can say about them, besides, they fucking rock.

17. "Louisiana" by The Loved Ones

They're pounding nails in Louisiana, they're pounding nails. They're pounding nails in Louisiana, they're pounding nails. They're pounding nails in Louisiana, down in Biloxi and Alabama. They're pounding nails in Louisiana, they're pounding nails...what a song. Finished their set with it at Leeds. It was godly.

18. "Deeds Not Words" by Ganymede

Like Depeche Mode but with more space sound effects. Quite possibly the catchiest tune on this gaylist, which is saying something.

19. "Ultra Alliance" by Arthur & Martha

UK based electro-pop outfit. Will be supporting Styrofoam on their upcoming UK tour, that's really not a surprise. They seem like a perfect fit.

20. "Promise" by The Maybes?

Nothing like finishing the gaylist with a 12-minute instrumental. I caught this at Leeds, I was just randomly walking past the stage, and boy did it drag me in. Was amazing. Was dancing away. Perving on the girls bum in front of me (It was GODLY). What a tune. Bit of a 'post-rock' bit in the middle where it goes a bit moody. Unfortunately the rest of their stuff isn't like this, going for a more 90's indie-pop vibe, however, it's still good.

I really like this one, possibly my second favourite one so far - with the possibility of becoming my favourite. Asking For It is/are very good the Electrovamp song is quality for the fact it has no place whatsoever on the list.

Bacchae lass is fit. And on this one i think its good throughout, the start, middle and end are all good. Especially the last song which I thought i'd dislike for it being 12 minutes but its really good.

• 2 weeks later...