Halloween Movie Marathon

Gabriel

I've done this the past two years, and I'm doing it again for a third consecutive...

From the moment I wake up on Halloween day, I'm going to be watching movies. Throw in some wine, maybe a little whisky, some pizza and other assorted snacks, and it makes for a pretty cool day.

I'm compiling a list of films to watch... I figure if I'm awake for 12 hours of the day, I'll need roughly 6 or 7 movies... this is what I have so far...

Sweeney Todd

Nightmare Before Christmas

Corpse Bride

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Dead and Breakfast

Feast

House of 1000 Corpses

Return of the Living Dead

That's not the finished list by any means...it's just what I came up with off the top of my head... things I could watch that I already have. Of course, with me doing my current Johnny Depp Filmography, I might stay away from those films if I can find others... or I might choose something else instead of one of the other movies I have.

I was just wondering if anyone had any good suggestions? Doesn't have to be a horror movie, but it should be something that fits with Halloween, and it should be something fun. The thing all those movies I listed have in common is that I have a lot of fun watching them.

Okay, so assuming I can get them somewhere in town, I've substituted two films onto the list... which now looks like this:

Nightmare Before Christmas

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Dead and Breakfast

Feast

House of 1000 Corpses

Return of the Living Dead

Little Shop of Horrors

Army of Darkness

I rented Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer... but intend on watching that today, so it won't be in my Halloween rotation.

Any more suggestions for good, fun, scary or gory, halloweeny films would be appreciated.

Anything that's already been suggested that didn't get added to the list just wasn't what I was looking for. Most of them are good movies, and I have a lot of them, but I'm just not feeling it.

This is my finalized list...

01. Dead and Breakfast (start: 6:45)

02. Little Shop of Horrors (start: 8:13)

03. Feast (start: 9:46)

04. Rocky Horror Picture Show (start: 11:21)

05. Evil Dead (start: 1:01)

06. House of 1000 Corpses (start: 2:26)

07. Descent (start: 3:54)

08. 30 Days of Night (start 5:27)

09. Hatchet (start 7:20)

10. Night of the Demons (start: 8:43)

11. Return of the Living Dead (start: 10:13)

12. Nightmare Before Christmas (start: 11:44)

The (Start: ___) is when I would have to start them at the very latest to meet a 1 am deadline... It's already 12:38 here now... so if I go to bed now, I get 6 hours of sleep at the very most. More likely 4 to 5 if I'm lucky. Or I could just not go to sleep, and start my movies as soon as everyone's awake and getting ready for work.

I'm leaning towards no sleep.

This should be fun.