Help me get American TV... PLEASE :(

Mike Ockizitchy

So I've been in Turkey 3 weeks going on a month now... I'm keeping it together but starting to lose my mind. I get no TV, barely internet and the season stil doesn't start for 2 weeks... SO, my buddy helped my sanity a few days back by offering to let me use his SlingPlayer account. Apparenly he uses it to catch Entourage while at school, but the nice guy he is he watched the Rangers with me last night while forcing me to watch the Isles on commerical games... but I digress.

It gets a bit annoying because if he unplugs the cord I can't use it and I don't want to be a hassle on him all the time. So I started to get the notion to ge my own account, but come to find out you need DirectTV which hsi family does, mine has Time Warner. So my question to you is, with having Time Warner at home is there any way I can buy a program and account or just an account and download a program to pick up American television and more importantly hockey games?

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated! I'm starting to lose my mind here some days!