FIFA 09 (The 2nd Online PS3 Tournament)

Baddar

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't that bothered about changing anyways so it doesn't really matter. Doesn't look too good in regards to my match seen as McMigsy hasn't been online since the 18th and I can't contact him any otherway.

RESULT

(Baddar) Real Madrid 1 - 2 Aston Villa (AJ)

Goals

'15 E. Heskey (AV)

'18 A. Robben (RM)

'23 E. Heskey (AV)

Bookings

'49 G. Agbonlahor (AV)

Substitutes

'73 E. Heskey > J. Carew (AV)

Fairly evenly contested game. I was kicking myself for not clearing the ball properly with the keeper as I threw it out and Baddar intercepted it with Robben for his goal. Heskey responded with a headed goal. After that I soaked up some pressure in the second half and we both missed sitters. Madrid firing over the bar from close range and myself through 1 on 1 with the keeper but Baddar was quick off his line to block me.

Real Madrid 1-2 Aston Villa

Heskey x2

Robben

--

I'd say AJ was the better player throughout. He got the first goal after a tight opening. Two basketball goals followed. I scored from kick-off, then he did the same to make it 2-1.

There were chances for both of us late on, but I know I need 2 goals in the 2nd leg to have a chance of going through.

I will mention that this was my first game of FIFA online or offline since I lost to Nikki in the Semi's of the last tourny over a month ago, so I was bound to be rusty at the back, especially given the fact I shipped 5 in that game anyway.

Taking nothing away from AJ though, because if I'd have been playing every day in the month leading up to this game I would've probably shit out in any case, so the lack of playing isn't really much of an excuse, just something I thought I'd mention.

Edited by Bad the Dar

Me and cristoph have tried playing each other these past 2 days, and we've had problems. Where I/he invites me, then accepts, but then nothing happens - both sides stay on Arsenal (cos they're my fav team).

It's a common problem and really needs solving.

We are going to do our best to make sure we get the 1st leg done in time - if our result isn't posted up, then that is because of EA cocking up on us :(

Fingers crossed...

Edited by Berry

Make your PS3s IP your static IP address, this makes it work, without changing your firewall

Anyway

Played my game with littlemus

AC Milan 1 - 8 Newcastle

Ronaldinho 57 - Owen 14

------------------- Martins 21, 24, 30, 37, 69, 78, 90

I felt kinda bad for running up the score, but I want to start well and end well in this tournament. He's really not that bad, just needs to practice more. I'm glad the 2nd leg is only academic now though.

Edited by The Cool One

Me and cristoph have tried playing each other these past 2 days, and we've had problems. Where I/he invites me, then accepts, but then nothing happens - both sides stay on Arsenal (cos they're my fav team).

It's a common problem and really needs solving.

We are going to do our best to make sure we get the 1st leg done in time - if our result isn't posted up, then that is because of EA cocking up on us :(

Fingers crossed...

He lives just up the road from me, if you're still having trouble connecting, he's welcome to try using mine to get it done.