YI's Top 10 Music Lists List

YI

HipHopIsDead.jpg

10. "YOUR 10 BEST HIP-HOP/RAP ALBUMS OF ALL TIME" by LOWERDECK

http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index....showtopic=65607

From the summer of 2008. There are generally two kinds of lists. First came the massive communal lists, with input from various members of the board with all results being tallied and put together. Then came the lists of epic proportions that were single person undertakings as a voice for his own personal opinion. While borrowing heavily from these two mainstream styles, this list blends them together in a highly original way. It is a concept list of sorts, with a recurring theme throughout and it sees input from various sources, which don't come together to make a communal lists, but are neither stand alone lists. This sort of list is very much just for the underground, as the list never really garnered the attention that maybe it should have. But a great showing, although by the end you can't help but feel like they should change things up a bit, and when it happens, those moments are too short to really make a lasting impression. There's no talk of a sophomore list in the works, to date, but Lowerdeck can be seen touring in a Sports and Movie thread near you.

NOTABLE POSTS: "#1" (perfect start, really sets the trend for the rest of the list), "#4" (bucks the trend a little bit) and "#15" (great use of atmosphere).

Chiaki%20Kuriyama%20as%20Gogo%20Yubari%20Kill%20Bill%20vol.1.jpg

9. "EWB'S FAVOURITE SONG 2007" by GOGO YUBARI

http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index....showtopic=53568

This is back from when everything in Entertainment was recorded a mono channel, the olden days before the sections were separated off. This is the sophomore list, with a previous one being released the year before. There had been a line-up change with the release of the previous list and some fans had taken time to adjust to it, this was going to be the chance to wow the world. Unfortunately popularity waned due to the line-up change and they could just not recover. The list was soon dropped, although blueprints of the works can be pieced together and this could very well be given the tag of 'greatest list that never was'. With input from people from all around the globe, various different minds being put together, this could have been something special, unfortunately, we will never know for sure. Yubari did not stay down for long though, after taking some time off to prepare himself he returned with a bang in late 2008 releasing a communal effort in "EWB'S TOP 50 SINGERS OF ALL TIME", which was an allround success. Capitalising on this in early 2009 Yubari announced that he was going to go solo, setting to work on a new list by himself, which has been affectionately called "The Party Extravaganza!" by fans.

NOTABLE POSTS: "#4" (Has everything I like about it) and "#9" (great concept, repeating a phrase from before, worked well)

Edited by YI

_39890459_geordiedancer_gi203x300.jpg

8. ":::2008 - THE YEAR OF LIVE MUSIC:::" by YI

http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index....showtopic=63575

For a long while 'The List' was a very sacred thing. It had a specific beginning and an end, but times are changing, and one person to capitalise on this was YI. YI has become somewhat of a list 'whore' in times, quite often a few of them missing the mark, such as a mixed showing with the "EWB's Best Bands of 2007" and his disastrous solo attempt at "The Best Album of 2007". But here he takes the 'list' concept and changes it up, this could potentially be a neverending list, with parts being released at various times at his discression. Some can say it's some of his most passionate work, given more space to work with, he's really let emotion out in the list. However, it can be criticised due to many of it being reworkings or direct copies of material released elsewhere. YI lost interest in this project, not having the focus to run with it, instead dropping back into more familiar territory, with follow-ups to previous lists. In recent times Ollie has taken a similar concept and tried to run with it as his own, although similarly a lack of concentration and passion seems to have put that on the backburner.

NOTABLE POSTS: "#33" (angry start, great mix of emotions throughout), "#13" (manages to be 'down with the kids') and "#26" (random, weird, and unlike anything else).

Edited by YI

los-campesinos.jpeg

7. "MY YEAR IN LISTS" by LOS CAMPESINOS!

TLOZ_Phantom_Hourglass_Link.jpg

You said "send me stationary to make me horny"

So I always write you letters in multicolours

Decorating envelopes for foreplay

Damn extended metaphors, I get carried away

On the back of a natural disaster, fixed with parcel tape and with kids sticking plasters

Nothing says 'I miss you' quite like the poetry carved in your door with a stanley knife

My year in lists

Stomping on your fingers as you're clinging on to the abyss

So put on every winter coat that you've owned since '98

And every midnight since the count turned to another awful day

I cherish with fondness the day (before) I met you

On your request, I compile a list

Of my top five resolutions for this year (one!)

I declined 'cause I decided that I (two!) did not believe in the new year anymore (three!)

And I must confess that at times like these hopefulness is tantamount to hopelessness (four!)

And I accept that it's time for a change but not in places like this with people like these (five! five! five! five! five!)

My year in lists

Stomping on your fingers as you're clinging on to the abyss

So put on every winter coat that you've owned since '98

And every midnight that the count turned to another awful day

NOTABLE POSTS: "First", "Second" and "Herald &..."