• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. George Best

2. Peter Schmeichel

3. Pete Sampras

4. Pele

5. Muhammed Ali

Dayum.....there's a name I haven't heard in years. 2002 was his last World Cup right?

I don't think he made the '02 World Cup actually, I think Euro 2000 was his last tournament, but I might be wrong. He retired around '02 though if I remember correctly. Had to be voted for, best keeper of all time (Y)

Slight addendum to this. I'm going to add coaches/managers to this as well. An active coach can go in.....but they must have been a coach for a minimum of 10 years. If you're voting for Pete Rose for example please specify if you want to go in to the players wing or the Coach's wing (bad example but its the first one that comes to mind). Votes received as a coach will not be combined votes received as a player. Sorry for adding this late but it'll be a regular addition now. You're still voting for the 5 people but if you want to go change your ballot around fell free to do so. Just send me a PM notifying me of your changes.

I have entered these ballots:

sahyder1

SKA

Magus978

Maxx

Toe

Mongrel

Johnny Quid

AD

The Arsenal

Nashville Star

YoungB

Captain Kirk

Evil Chase K

Marcos

Thatz

Naiwf

timmayy Makabe

Pesci

metalman

Meacon Batista

Essa

A

GhostMachine

Dirty Johnny 27

1PWCorino

Dynamite

Superbowl Slogger

Footjob Fever

Dragsy

If you don't see your name on there you screwed up your ballot.

Notes

*Only one is currently appearing on more then 50% of the ballots

*17 different guys have received first place votes

*68 different guys have received at least one vote

I think coaches should go in with the players, and not in a separate wing. Some people were established players and coaches and may well have been entered based on achievements in both fields. Just seems a bit silly to separate them.

Oh and I voted 3 every 15 days on your poll, but I actually think it should be 2 every fortnight, but that was the closest option.

Edited by Footjob Fever

I'm definitely flexible on both of those options. One wing might not be a bad idea. I just chose 3 because that is how many we're doing here and it just gives an equal number per class.

Edit: Lets actually go with the one wing. Keeps things simple.

Edited by sahyder1

Whats wrong with my ballot to not get included?

1. Michael Schumacher

2. Boris Becker

3. Aryton Senna

4. Peter Schmeichel

5. Pete Sampras

I direct you back to the first post on this thread......"retired for 3 years."

Who are you suggesting is still active? Schumacher retired following the 2006 F1 Season, ie 3 Years Ago.

1. Eric Cantona

2. Bobby Charlton

3. Michael Johnson

4. Jonathan Edwards

5. Peter Schmeichel

I'm going to assume that is the British triple jumper?

I still can't see what's wrong with it

Lomu has 3 appearances in 2006. I know they weren't for the national side but I think it might be the only fair way to go. Someone who knows more rugby then me wanna go the other way on that and think I should let him be counted?

Going to keep this open until midnight eastern time on the 30th (12:00 AM on the 31st to be precise). Will have the results up on the 31st. By the looks of it people want the 3 every month so we'll just run the ballots for the month and then the results go up on the last day of the month....unless of course there is a major sway in another direction in this poll in the next 70.5 hours.

1. Eric Cantona

2. Bobby Charlton

3. Michael Johnson

4. Jonathan Edwards

5. Peter Schmeichel

I'm going to assume that is the British triple jumper?

Yes, still World Record after 14 years and a record I can't see being broken in my lifetime